What Is This Plane Up To Over Portland?

IDAHO33 is currently circling downtown PDX, obviously monitoring protests.

It’s called a dirty box. It makes your phone think it’s a cell phone tower and your phone connects to it. Then they take all your info from your phones with no warrant. Google dirty box and plane. And warrantless privacy invasion dirty box. That is what this plane does nightly.

Then they take all your info from your phones with no warrant.
Not quite. They can get your location, and intercept any data that flows to and from the phone while they are listening, but they can’t “take all your data from your phone”

Is there a way to search flightaware or ADSB exchange for the FLINT, OMAHA, IDAHO, etc, callsigns?

It’s called a dirty box. It makes your phone think it’s a cell phone tower and your phone connects to it. Then they take all your info from your phones with no warrant. Google dirty box and plane. And warrantless privacy invasion dirty box. That is what this plane does nightly.
How do you know this?

They don't.

Although I'm sure if you look at some of the sites that cater to conspiracy theories that you'll read that they can pull any data off your phone, perform mind control and maybe control your heart and bowel movements.
Calling them conspiracies is only necessary if there isn't actually evidence that it is true.

:) It's not a conspiracy, it's a combination of commercial incompetence and greed working together. Stingray is a commercial product offered by Harris. At a crazy high price. It's not secret, you can pull down the spec sheets right on the Internet. Cell technology was never effectively designed to be secure...just reliable enough to work under benign conditions. So the networking, more or less, works like Microsoft products. They all yell "hey I'm here! look at me!" all the time. So it's pretty easy to develop a map from all that, and even to pretend to be a cell site to get the information from phones attempting to make calls. Believe that Stingray takes it a step further and lets you monitor that traffic.

It doesn't have to break into the phone, the phone happily tells anyone that asks what it is and where it's at. If you want privacy, don't use electronic devices.

There's a reason I have a landline - warrant required, unlike cell phones.

Back