New to the POA Hangar

Jim Schilling

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
FlyMidwestJim
What’s up, everyone. My name is Jim and I was pointed to the POA world by this Comanche pilot (who is really a closet Cirrus pilot) frequents these parts.

I’m working on my Commercial rating with ambitions of CFI somewhere down the road. I’m not destined for the airlines or a commercial flight gig, I enjoy my day job and want to expand my sharing of aviation to teaching. I fly my 1974 Beech Slowdowner around the Twin Cities in Minnesota.

I’ve got a casual midwest aviation podcast that I co-host as well. Not trying to spam or oversell it, cause I’m new here.

Just looking for a chill place to talk with other pilots, connect, and learn more about aviation content creation.

Happy to be here!

Jim

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome! We won't hold it against you that you're a friend of Briany.

What’s up, everyone. My name is Jim and I was pointed to the POA world by this Comanche pilot (who is really a closet Cirrus pilot) frequents these parts.

I’m working on my Commercial rating with ambitions of CFI somewhere down the road. I’m not destined for the airlines or a commercial flight gig, I enjoy my day job and want to expand my sharing of aviation to teaching. I fly my 1974 Beech Slowdowner around the Twin Cities in Minnesota.

I’ve got a casual midwest aviation podcast that I co-host as well. Not trying to spam or oversell it, cause I’m new here.

Just looking for a chill place to talk with other pilots, connect, and learn more about aviation content creation.

Happy to be here!

Jim

Welcome to the joint.

I was pointed to the POA world by this Comanche pilot (who is really a closet Cirrus pilot)

Nobody has to be in the Cirrus closet. It’s OK to admit flying with a chute. I have one in my light sport.

Happy to be here!

Jim

Welcome to POA

Us tie down owners are feeling slightly underrepresented. Just sayin.

Maybe that’s why I never really fit in here, I’ve always been on the ramp.

Just kidding. Welcome!

Hah. Just to be clear though, I'm not the OP. I've been here for a minute.

@Sac Arrow, the welcome wasn't for you, it was for @Jim Schilling.

My jokes (much to the dismay of those who choose to read them) are for everyone.

Right, but, you have to understand I'm just as anal on commas, as I am on double addresses in single quoted posts.*

*I may have just invented a Chicago Writers' Style Guide entry on Internet forum postings

Happy to be here!

Jim

He gets points for recruiting you. He owes ya:goofy:

How do you mistake a paving material for a location on an airport? Of course, I've been wondering that about the idiots on the news for years, but what do I know?
:dunno:

Back