100th airport

So last night I hit #97. Flying the Cub has really helped me add to my number - given that I was at 70 airports in April. My next trip is Saturday to an airport where I've already landed.

But I'm thinking I'll do something eventful for my 100th - any ideas? I'm based in Chicago - so VNY is probably out.
I'm in the same boat. I've been hovering at 98 for quite some time. Should I knock out 2 more, or make it something to remember?

So last night I hit #97. Flying the Cub has really helped me add to my number - given that I was at 70 airports in April. My next trip is Saturday to an airport where I've already landed.

But I'm thinking I'll do something eventful for my 100th - any ideas? I'm based in Chicago - so VNY is probably out.
3MY. I'll buy you lunch.

3MY. I'll buy you lunch.
Do I have to wait for #100 for lunch?

I could do 98) 3MY, 99) MDW, then 100) ORD

Also my tailwheel instructor thought it might be amusing to do ORD in the Cub (no electrical, no transponder, etc)

Do I have to wait for #100 for lunch?

I could do 98) 3MY, 99) MDW, then 100) ORD

Also my tailwheel instructor thought it might be amusing to do ORD in the Cub (no electrical, no transponder, etc)
Ord would be a pretty awesome #100. I'd recommend the 'toga though lol.

At the rate you're going you'll get to all the illinois airports before me. I haven't worked on it much this year. If you want to go the other way, Cairo would be a fun trip in the cub, following the rivers. That would get you some hours.

At the rate you're going you'll get to all the illinois airports before me. I haven't worked on it much this year. If you want to go the other way, Cairo would be a fun trip in the cub, following the rivers. That would get you some hours.
I've landed in 3 IL airports all year. That's how crappy this year has been.

The competitive spirit in me wants to beat you to it, but it’s simply a last mile problem - the last 5% of airports are the toughest to nab. I’m also pretty far off, mostly because I focus on farther travels. I only have 28 Illinois airports, followed by 15 in Wisconsin and 10 in Michigan.

I agree ORD would be a neat 100th. We’ll see if I can make it happen.

I do enjoy hitting places in the cub. Happy to give PIREPs on field conditions to help you achieve your goal.

So this thread made me write a little macro for my logbook.

Turns out as of right now I have exactly 250 unique airports in 48 states I've landed at.

#1 Z98 Zeeland, MI
#50 N57 Toughkenamon, PA
#100 CVK Clarksville, TN
#150 FKL Franklin, PA
#200 CPS Cahokia, IL (St. Louis)
#250 RHP Andrews, NC

Also, I've landed at every airport starting with 0-9, and A-Z with the exception of Q

Last edited:

ORD in a Cub. :D

Also, I've landed at every airport starting with 0-9, and A-Z with the exception of Q
I don’t understand what you mean here. Wouldn’t that be nearly every airport in the entire country?

I don’t understand what you mean here. Wouldn’t that be nearly every airport in the entire country?
Badly worded. In my list of airports I've landed a theres at least 1 airport in the list ID that started with a 0 through 9, and A through Z.

Interesting angle. I'm missing 7, 8, N, Q, W, X, Y & Z.

Most of mine start with "K" :dunno:

Edit: I'm missing 8, K (haha), N, Q, U, W, and Y

There are no airports in the 5010 data that begins with Q. Going to need to be a foreign airport.

42 States 298 airports Canada 6 airports Bahamas 3 airports. I’m working on doing all states .

If you have two more, take a trip to Hawaii. Do an XC checkout, which has you fly to another island, typically Lanai. And then come back to HNL.

I did this last fall and also got a DA-40 checkout.

In my case, it wasn't 2 new airports, as I had flown in and out of a HNL 3 - 4 time and Lanai once before. A lot of years ago I got checked out in a Tiger and also had a guy I knew that had a GA-7 Cougar there.

I'm missing 6 - 149NQY

I’m only at 48 But I’ve got at least one that shows because I used it as a route point but never landed there: KTTS. The shuttle landing facility. Makes me think I should do something cool for #50. Hmmm.

Speaking of non "K" airports, I seem to find lots of airports with numerals and the letter "C". I wonder if it's regional. As a recent example, last weekend I took off from 06C and landed at C81, 49C, C89, 62C, 96C, C59, and 0C0.

Speaking of non "K" airports, I seem to find lots of airports with numerals and the letter "C". I wonder if it's regional. As a recent example, last weekend I took off from 06C and landed at C81, 49C, C89, 62C, 96C, C59, and 0C0.
It seems to be. Florida has lots starting with x

It seems to be. Florida has lots starting with x
Michigan has quite a few Y and D airports.

Love this post. I am going to track both my number of landing locations and their alphanumeric "patterns". Thanks for posting @Jim K.

Guess I’ll total mine up tonight. I finally bought a new logbook at Oshkosh

I have switched to e-logbook. Actually I keep both, but the e-logbook makes counting airports or make/model or whatever SO much easier.

I just uploaded my logbook to my flight book.... Only 32.... Have to work on that this weekend

Back