Should I let this one go?

I've rented hundreds of cars all over the country (US). I never had an any issues whatsoever with car rentals with pick-up and returns at major airports with the general traveling public, meaning the usual airlines car rental service.

However at FBOs and off-site boutique rental companies affiliated with Hertz/Avis and the like I've had something like a 20% issue rate, mostly fuel charges. The worst one, however, was when I was accused of causing actual damage to the car (on a one day one-way 3 hr rental to get home after dropping of my plane for an annual) and a ~$1000 invoice ensued. Got out of that one too but unless it is a major airport drop-off I make a recording of the car + fuel status *before* pickup and after return.

Rental car company did the same thing to me once. Billed me for cleaning without any communication, charged my card. I called credit card company, the refused it because I had not authorized it or been informed and had left the rental office already.

Canada?
It's because they are ********************************************************************************************************************************. They didn't used to be like this. Just my opinion.
Text removed to prevent international incident.

Back