POA Brown Arch brick?

Are you interested in buying an OSH brown arch brick?

• Yes

Votes: 23 63.9%
  • No, this is stupid, you're stupid, everything is stupid

Votes: 13 36.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jim K

Final Approach
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Richard Digits
Just floating an idea here...

Any interest in getting together and buying a brick at the brown arch? I'm envisioning the POA logo and screen names of contributors (with the MC's blessing of course). You get 11 lines of 30 characters, and it's $1100 with a logo. Not sure if the logo cuts down the number of lines. I was thinking if we could get 2 per line that would be $50 bucks each. It would be a nice place to get together and take a picture, a nice donation to EAA, and a little marketing/ appreciation for our favorite online hangar talking spot.

Again, just gauging interest. Other ideas I had were splitting it by character count, which would be good for me, but not others. With careful planning we might get 3 names per line, which would bring it down to $33, but I'll be surprised if there's enough interest to do it at all. Maybe if there's extra space we can add some of the all time greats like @poadeleted20 :D

Last edited:
cfa427d5a44acad0de4f45276775050d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

so then I could say "I laid a brick at osh" ?

I’ll join. Eventually I’ll have a brick in every possible location around the country.

Cheers

Just floating an idea here...

Any interest in getting together and buying a brick at the brown arch? I'm envisioning the POA logo and screen names of contributors (with the MC's blessing of course). You get 11 lines of 30 characters, and it's $1100 with a logo. Not sure if the logo cuts down the number of lines. I was thinking if we could get 2 per line that would be $50 bucks each. It would be a nice place to get together and take a picture, a nice donation to EAA, and a little marketing/ appreciation for our favorite online hangar talking spot.

Again, just gauging interest. Other ideas I had were splitting it by character count, which would be good for me, but not others. With careful planning we might get 3 names per line, which would bring it down to $33, but I'll be surprised if there's enough interest to do it at all. Maybe if there's extra space we can add some of the all time greats like @poadeleted20 :D
Maybe you should check with EAA and see if they'll even do it. They may say no, you're lucky we even let you guys in. All ya do is bich about things. Parking, concerts, sponsers, procedures and blah blah blah :stirpot:

WTF is a brown arch?
The 1970 entrance to EAA's Oshkosh fly-in... which is now embedded about 80% of the path length between parking and the runway.

https://www.eaa.org/eaa/support-eaa/give/tribute-opportunities

Hint: act now, before folks are considering whether to instead include you in the memorial wall! Though, there is a very nice induction ceremony for new memorial wall folks on the final Sunday at OSH each year... I went for Walter Atkinson's moment last year.
tribute-opportunities

So if I’m reading this right, it costs $1100 bucks to engrave and place a brick in a structure?

Really?

I’m not falling for that one

So if I’m reading this right, it costs $1100 bucks to engrave and place a brick in a structure?

Really?

well it costs them about $2 to do that. it'll cost us eleven hundo. you know, it's for the kids......

Do you want the brick to get laid or would you rather be the one to get laid? The answer is obvious…
Look at you go with the double entendres.

well it costs them about $2 to do that. it'll cost us eleven hundo. you know, it's for the kids......

Kids that won’t take a second to read it let alone know who the people are from the names engraved on that brick.

national curmudgeon day

just a thought.....we do this once......then the day after the brick is laid a whole bunch of people say "but I want one with a pocket but I want my name on the brick....", then what?

Probably no names would be the way to go. Maybe just POA-isms

Really?

Nope. Not a structure. A sidewalk.

You are familiar with the concept of fundraising, right?;)

We go there and take a picture every year, as do many (most?) attendees. I always find myself reading the bricks while we're standing around waiting our turn.

I thought screen names would be cool so it feels like you're getting something for your money, but if the group would prefer to just do something silly I'm not necessarily against that either. We just bought a brick for a playground in town and had them put "Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya" on it.

A dozen thus far. That would get us under $100 each, which is about my limit.

Back