Photos from National Museum of USAF

AggieMike88

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
The original "I don't know it all" of aviation.
IMG_3788.JPG

This week, myself, my dad and my brother, took some vacation time to Dayton, OH to visit the National Museum of the USAF. This was a fun time for all three of us. And I took lots of photos.

For those that wish to see the entire batch of photos I took while touring the USAF Museum, click the link below.

Anyone that is in to aircraft and history needs to visit this museum. It is so much more than just the airplanes and you learn quite a bit about the US's role in history and how aviation played a big part.

There is nearly 1.2 million, yes million, square feet of exhibits. Many aircraft, such as the XB-70 is the only one in existance.

We planned for 2 days to view it all and I'm glad we did. The time we allotted allowed for us to take our time and see it all.

Enjoy!!! (Make sure to change the view from list to grid to see the thumbnails)

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1MDPDkt5YrHQWHW9pLj8KQ-fvr0x1dnjf?usp=sharing

Thread Hijack!
My son, grandson, and I went to the New England Air Museum.
Not as grand (by orders of magnitude) when compared to the museum in Dayton, but still worth the drive.
One of the curators introduced himself to us. In a six degrees of separation moment it turns out we are both Eglin AFB alumni. He took us into the areas that are off limits to normal visitors.

Standing under the XB-70 while within spittin' distance of the Douglas X-3 Stiletto and the Convair B-58 Hustler is one of my favorite memories of the Air Force Museum.

Thanks for sharing the photos.

View attachment 109081

This was a fun time for all three of us. And I took lots of photos.

For those that wish to see the entire batch of photos I took while touring the USAF Museum, click the link below.

Anyone that is in to aircraft and history needs to visit this museum. It is so much more than just the airplanes and you learn quite a bit about the US's role in history and how aviation played a big part.

There is nearly 1.2 million, yes million, square feet of exhibits. Many aircraft, such as the XB-70 is the only one in existance.

We planned for 2 days to view it all and I'm glad we did. The time we allotted allowed for us to take our time and see it all.

Enjoy!!! (Make sure to change the view from list to grid to see the thumbnails)

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1MDPDkt5YrHQWHW9pLj8KQ-fvr0x1dnjf?usp=sharing
Thanks for sharing the photos. Now that Leslie and I have completed our map of 49 states visited (Hawaii won't happen in our plane), we are beginning to think of where to go next. This sounds like it will be on our list.

But this made me cringe, just a little:
This week, myself, my dad and my brother, took some vacation time to Dayton, OH to visit the National Museum of the USAF.
;)
Thread Hijack!
My son, grandson, and I went to the New England Air Museum.
Good job sir.

Back