Oshkosh 2022 Group Parking/Camping Headcount

Look at all the space. Park there? Nope. “Reserved” for mass arrivals.

2b2c36843f192c5519b3fe3e9941d94e.jpg

Sheesh. Got parked off the end of Rwy 9. Row 551

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I returned today and was mystified by them sending campers past runway 9. First come, first served, seems to be retired. It did take a couple tries but finally made it to my spot in row 509.

Silly question: do we need wristbands on today? I’ve never gotten in on a Saturday before. Didn’t know if there was even anything on the grounds open.

Silly question: do we need wristbands on today? I’ve never gotten in on a Saturday before. Didn’t know if there was even anything on the grounds open.

Nope

Look at all the space. Park there? Nope. “Reserved” for mass arrivals.

2b2c36843f192c5519b3fe3e9941d94e.jpg

Sheesh. Got parked off the end of Rwy 9. Row 551

fceb5a3311aadb87b63c4e17c6d2fa02.jpg

And the ~130 Cessnas.

When I came back from dinner, parking was almost at the end of the runway and people had already done about 5-10 rows around the gate. Storm hitting in the next 30m or so, I just saw some people still in the pattern. Boy will they have to hustle to get tied down.

Theres a 20 page thread on beechtalk about this EVERY year. Bonanzas are REAL fast, you see...

nahhh… mostly their pilots can’t fly that slow for some reason. Maybe their scared they’d stall the plane or something.

We got pretty lucky and hit a gap that allowed us to do 100 ias the whole arrival.

And for something completely different.

upload_2022-7-24_20-14-26.jpeg

A floating Tiki Bar that cruises the Fox River Downtown. Docks at the Fox River Brewing Company.
Fox River has a very nice Blu Bomber Lager (Blueberries included for health reasons). Also a large outdoor dining area right on the river.

upload_2022-7-24_20-19-39.jpeg

Cheers

I was excited to see TONS of wide open space in vintage when I landed but I guess it is reserved for someone?

I'm on the border of vintage and south 40.

Not sure of the temperature this morning but wearing a jacket and shivering 82263FCB-76F4-47C8-AF67-904DD339D367.jpeg

I flew into OSH last year for first time and loved it. Pulled my engine for overhaul in May, so I knew I would not make it this year. But I did not know how much I would miss it, and how every post and internet story would remind me what I am missing.
PXL_20210726_232347708 (2).jpg

Last edited:
I flew into OSH last year for first time and loved it. Pulled my engine for overhaul in May, so I knew I would not make it this year. But I did not know how much I would miss it, and how every post and internet story would remind me what I am missing.
We’re here for you.

de5853c1fa6a636f5cf6b918c9fc5527.jpg

254af1b37d305559c62350d225ba5cd0.jpg

After having to wait for the airshow to finish to we are back on the ground in Indy! Super fun successful week at OSH!!! Thanks a bunch to [mention]ktup-flyer [/mention] for flying as a flight of 2 for my first shot at flying into Oshkosh!!

Noticing the dramatic increase in e-bikes and scooters I saw this year, I had a question...

I know these aren’t allowed in the show proper, but can be used in the N40 (outside the show) and around town. How does that work for people in vintage and/or S40? Vintage is “in” the grounds, no? Is the S40? How far up the road can S40 people run their toys before they have to leave them against a fence somewhere?

Noticing the dramatic increase in e-bikes and scooters I saw this year, I had a question...

I know these aren’t allowed in the show proper, but can be used in the N40 (outside the show) and around town. How does that work for people in vintage and/or S40? Vintage is “in” the grounds, no? Is the S40? How far up the road can S40 people run their toys before they have to leave them against a fence somewhere?
S40 limit was the tram and bus stop. HBC, N40 limits were the gates. Vintage was probably prohibited on the grounds - I saw a lot chained to their gate area.

Back