Pilot Arrested after Highway Landing 7/15

"The pilot, a 35-year-old Prairie Village man, was arrested on suspicion of DWI, careless and imprudent actions that involved a crash, felony possession of a controlled substance, felony unlawful possession of a firearm, possession of less than 10 grams of marijuana and unlawful possession of drug paraphernalia, according to the arrest report."
Read more at: https://www.kansascity.com/news/local/crime/article263500023.html#storylink=cpy

"The pilot is believed to have traveled from Florida"

Now it makes sense. Florida man.

"The pilot, a 35-year-old Prairie Village man, was arrested on suspicion of DWI, careless and imprudent actions that involved a crash, felony possession of a controlled substance, felony unlawful possession of a firearm, possession of less than 10 grams of marijuana and unlawful possession of drug paraphernalia, according to the arrest report."
Read more at: https://www.kansascity.com/news/local/crime/article263500023.html#storylink=cpy

"The pilot is believed to have traveled from Florida"

"The pilot, a 35-year-old Prairie Village man"...Prairie Village is a rather nice suburb of Kansas City

Yea sure is, I read the link after I posted. He has been a student pilot for 2.5 years!! Something not right there.
To be fair, I was technically a student pilot for 19 years; my GF when I was younger refused to fly, so I did nothing until I turned 40.

There has to be a lot more to this story. Leaves KC at 3:00 AM, making several fuel stops on the way to Daytona, then turns around and comes back. 18+ hours of flying in a 24 hour period. Plus if you look at his flight tracks, obviously not on autopilot to say the least. Up, down, and all around describes it best.

To be fair, I was technically a student pilot for 19 years; my GF when I was younger refused to fly, so I did nothing until I turned 40.

At least you got it done at 40, I waited until I was 55. Wished I would have got my PPL when I was much younger!
Was she worth the wait?

By the way, the "Florida Man" so reviled/belittled by certain types of folks is usually from somewhere else.

Maybe, but he doesn’t go cray cray until he becomes a Florida man.

Nope. Did not get caught with a live Alligator in the plane. Though maybe he tossed it overboard. Any unrelated stories about an Alligator falling through a roof?

Also, we need to see pictures to confirm he was shirtless and had a mullet. Bonus points if his primary mode of ground transportation is a BMX bike.

There has to be a lot more to this story. Leaves KC at 3:00 AM, making several fuel stops on the way to Daytona, then turns around and comes back. 18+ hours of flying in a 24 hour period. Plus if you look at his flight tracks, obviously not on autopilot to say the least. Up, down, and all around describes it best.

That is an epic flight for a student.

This sure does smell of small time drug smuggler.

Agreed. Maybe he watched the invisible pilot and thought it looked like a fun career change.

"The pilot, a 35-year-old Prairie Village man, was arrested on suspicion of DWI, careless and imprudent actions that involved a crash, felony possession of a controlled substance, felony unlawful possession of a firearm, possession of less than 10 grams of marijuana and unlawful possession of drug paraphernalia, according to the arrest report.".

I give it TWO weeks before the pilot posts anonymously in the medical forum asking if this might effect his medical :eek::confused::D

Fat, drunk, and out of gas is no way to fly through life, son.

:rofl: Dean Wormer... Classic.

I give it a week before a new member pops on and asks how he can log the time...

:rofl: Dean Wormer... Classic.

I give it a week before a new member pops on and asks how he can log the time...
At the same time my wife was working on her private, one of her fellow students crashed on the long solo XC. My wife asked her if that meant she had to do it over again.

Yea sure is, I read the link after I posted. He has been a student pilot for 2.5 years!! Something not right there.

Meh. I was a student pilot for about that long. Not everyone can afford to blast through in 6 months.

Back