Canadians?

I have several Canada pennies that I have received in change over the years.

My wife has a loonie and a toonie she found on the side of the road the last time we went through Canada.

Pennies? What’s that? Lol. Seriously, Canada got rid of Pennies a while ago. Must have been years since you’ve visited the lands to the north.

I still get a Canada penny in my change every now and then here in the USA. Probably from someone that went through grandpa's change jar.

There has been times I have gotten a Canada quarter, but those are still current so I use them in Walmart...

You're not a Canajan if you don't have some Canadian Tire money around.
I'm a Canuck with no Canadian Tire money. I quit collecting it when I did the math and found that it amounted to a 1% discount. CT subsequently devalued it some years ago, and today it is worth a 0.5% discount. Nothing but a marketing gimmick. Much better off to wait for the sales on the stuff you want, since CT's prices are much too high anyway, and their sale prices are sometimes 70% off.

MANY years ago; if kids in Buffalo wanted good hockey skates Canadian Tire was the place to go. This often entailed walking the Peace Bridge to Fort Erie. It was also common to walk the bridge to practice in the old arena.

In 1979 gas prices were much LOWER in Canada. So there were border crossings for fuel and “other things”.

Among them:
Dinner at Happy Jacks.
Picking up “ Dead- Man’s Doughnuts “ before Tim Hortons was everywhere.
Rumor is the “ Canadian Ballet “ was quite interesting as well.

good evening all. Are there many Canadians on here? I am at cyee midland in Ontario.
Talk to you later
Dan

Welcome, Dan, if you haven't already been driven off the forum, and I hope you haven't!

Is that why we haven’t seen @LongRoadBob in a while?

heh, thanks for the shout out. No, it’s because I had some health issues, and had to stop flying and am very much hoping I can start up soon to get my PPL. I’m not sure if my health issues will stop me, if so I just want to be healthy enough to fly with an instructor if that is what it takes. Thanks for the mention! I feel not so worthy to weigh in on subjects now that I’m grounded, and also a low time student. But I am checking in here often now.

Bob! Good to see a post from you!

Y’know, here in the US you could probably use Basic Med and not be grounded, depending on the specifics of your health issue. Anyway, I hope you’re back in the air soon.

Back