Go to HIMS psych??

T

TimeToMoveOn

Submitted all records request to FAA regarding an alcohol related driving offense. They reviewed send back:
“Due to alcohol related offense… you must provide this-
A current substance abuse evaluation which include a detailed narrative which meets our enclosed guidelines preferably performed by an evaluator familiar with part 67 aviation standards. “

does this mean one should just see HIMS psych??? I doubt regular psychiatrist is going to be familiar with the aviation standard. Don’t want to delay anymore and just move on.
If so any recommendations for Eastern Pennsylvania???

I would imagine someone who is familiar with what FAA wants. If your local psych give you a letter without dotting all the i’s and crossing all the t’s you get to go back and try again.

A LMHC ( licensed mental health counselor) can provide this service. if this screening reveals substance abuse, you may end up seeing a HIMS shrink, but only If the FAA tells you to do so.

Last edited:
They just did tell him. What LMHC is going to know a THING about part 67 defs. of disease…..!

So I made a mistake and I called HIMS Neuropsychologist. They told me that I need to see HIMS psychiatry. But you can’t just Google one of those and make an appointment.
So I think the order of operation is:
1) Gather all my paperwork
2) see a HIMS AME. ( my ame is not one).
3) get referred to HIMS psychiatry
4) get evaluated and submit everything to FAA

got an uphill battle. Was under 18. Drinking, driving home and got into a single car accident. Refused to blow. Each step was stupid. Just trying to navigate the steps in order. Any other suggestions while I start the long journey??

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back