Do Yuou Self Insure

Do You Self Insure?

• Yes

Votes: 7 10.6%
  • No

Votes: 59 89.4%

• Total voters
True. I was showing "negatives" for not having a mortgage. The other thing which was lowering my score was "high credit card balance". Even though I pay off the balance every month. So I started paying the credit card bill before the closing date.

It's all just a game.
I don't have a mortgage or car payments and my score is around 820. One time I went close to the limit on the credit card and it dropped a 120 points, but it went back up as soon as I sent payment.

Although, when I refinanced my house for lower interest rate (can't pass up 2.125%), it was told that they really looked at bands, not individual scores. And anything in the mid 700s or above was all the same to them.

I own a flight school and I may only carry liability insurance after next year and self insure the aircraft hulls. 3 172’s are running 20,000 a year.

I own a flight school and I may only carry liability insurance after next year and self insure the aircraft hulls. 3 172’s are running 20,000 a year.

Not sure what my local airport does, but they require each pilot to carry renter's insurance with a $20,000 hull coverage.

Back