Student Looking for instructor with plane to start (Fresno/ Visalia area)

fpharryc

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
fpharryc
I am in Fresno area. If possible, Chandler Field will be ideal.

I am older, have some basic idea of flying (flying with daughter often in the east coast, she is also a pilot), want to get started at a reasonable/ somewhat faster pace, maybe a couple of classes per week type of training. Ultimate goal is to have PPL and to be instrument rated. I am a careful but relaxed person.

Any CFI with his/ her own plane is willing to help? Will pay cash for your time, expertise and your plane. (559) 709-xxxx phone or text.

Last edited:
Boe needs to stay at Indy with Addy. haha.

Congrats on taking on this goal. Don't know how old "Older" is, but FWIW I was 59 when I got my PPL.

Any flight school should be able to do 2 or 3 sessions a week. Try out a few different CFI's at a few different schools to find one that fits your style. Might be a better option vs an independent - you get more choices with flight schools.

Figure it will take the amount of time it takes - meaning, it might take 60 hrs, it might take 80. Might be 6 months, might be 10. Keep consistent and constant training, but enjoy it and don't sweat it if it takes more than you think it should.

Figure also that Instrument is as hard / time consuming as the PPL. I took a year off and flew VFR to get the needed 50 hours X country, and frankly to also not burn out.

I am older, have some basic idea of flying (flying with daughter often in the east coast, she is also a pilot), want to get started at a reasonable/ somewhat faster pace, maybe a couple of classes per week type of training. Ultimate goal is to have PPL and to be instrument rated. I am a careful but relaxed person.

Any CFI with his/ her own plane is willing to help? Will pay cash for your time, expertise and your plane. (559) 709-0660 phone or text.

Are there any flight schools on Chandler field? If so that is who I would start with.
Yes you need to fly twice a week to start. Once a week is not enough and more than twice a week to start maybe too much. Once you get some hours then 3 times a week or more would be best. Not a easy deal, at least it wasn't for me as I started at 55 years old.
I flew with a medium sized school with multiple planes. Multiple planes is important because planes breakdown, need 100 hr inspections etc. So my school always had a plane to fly for me, I trained in 4 different planes. Also different CFIs helped me, more than one way to learn to fly, helped me to learn from different points of view. Good luck

Reactions: WDD

Any CFI with his/ her own plane is willing to help? Will pay cash for your time, expertise and your plane. (559) 709-0660 phone or text.

A friend of mine (Marty) owns Fresno Flight Training. He is very experienced and he and Suzie are good people. What you want is nothing unusual, I'm sure they can work with you.

https://fresnoflighttraining.com/

They're not actually in Fresno anymore, but have locations in Madera and Modesto.

If you talk to Marty, tell him Russ says hi.

Last edited:
Back