Congratulations due....

bbchien

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Bruce C
...to Flandoc, who has registered and read here but not posted, the newest Instrument Rated pilot in the US of A. Weather did not co-operate after the oral on Friday night; the whole weekend was in suspense. The ride was 2.0 this evening, and I listened to the whole thing.

ILS 31.
Miss hold as published for the VOR A to C15, but there was a traffic conflict; there was also a cloud at 3500 necessitating a TEC clearance.
VOR A C15
GPS 31 into PIA
VOR A partial panel into 3MY with no GPS input, BDF VOR not identing, and therefore a miss, followed by negotiated access to the DPE calling LYNCH intersection.

PLUS all the usual turns, attitudes, etc. One tired puppy.

60 hours under the hood, 20 of which were partial panel sans 430W.

good work Bruce, and congrats to flandoc.

Kudos to flandoc.

The instrument checkride is very demanding and exhausting.

A question about the screen name 'flandoc', from whence that name originate? Is the person a chef who fixes custard that has gone bad? ;) :D

Nah.... just an easily remembered concatenation of a portion of my surname and my profession. (Too many logins... too few brain cells.)

Thanks for the congratulations. I was one mentally tired pilot by the time that ride was over:)

David Flanders, MD

David, congratulations. It's a lot of hard work and discipline and certainly worth the effort. It sounds like your instructor is proud of you. :)

Congrats to Bruce as well. :)

Way to go. You will NEVER ask yourself "Why did I bother getting that IR?" The work (since you're a doctor, I can't really characterize the IR as 'hard' --med school is hard work, flying is fun) will pay off many times over.

Nah.... just an easily remembered concatenation of a portion of my surname and my profession. (Too many logins... too few brain cells.)

Thanks for the congratulations. I was one mentally tired pilot by the time that ride was over:)

David Flanders, MD

Congrats David!!:cheerswine:

WAY TO GO DAVID.
Now you can stick your head in the clouds( if necessary).
congrats to you to Bruce

Dave G.

Back