Power To Charge

OtisAir

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
OtisAir
Howdy - Just curious if there is any place to charge batteries for those staying a few days at Osh Kosh? We're flying in on Wednesday and leaving Sunday so we'll need to charge the camcorder, phones, camera, etc...

Does anyone know if they have "charging stations" or of any cool solar powered charging device to buy.

Thanks and see you at Osh!

Shane
N8388W

Howdy - Just curious if there is any place to charge batteries for those staying a few days at Osh Kosh? We're flying in on Wednesday and leaving Sunday so we'll need to charge the camcorder, phones, camera, etc...

Does anyone know if they have "charging stations" or of any cool solar powered charging device to buy.

Thanks and see you at Osh!

Shane
N8388W

Don't think EAA ever thought of having actual charging station booths, but......if you look v-e-r-y carefully, you might spot an outlet here and there. :D The question is, would you want to leave your stuff unattended while you go elsewhere?

Hook up with a friend who's staying at place closer to civilization....or get a battery charger inverter.
http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&search-alias=automotive&field-brandtextbin=Xantrex

Also have a look at Diana's similar thread: [thread]22070[/thread]

Thanks for the links, LOTS of great options on the previous thread.

Now I'm spoiled for choice of which to purchase/build.

See ya'll in Osh

Shane, it might be hard to tell from this image taken last month, but the WB camping area installed power connections for their campers. It is very close to the North Forty. We're also expecting wi-fi coverage.

WBarea.jpg

I would expect the other camping areas to do the same eventually, if not this year.

Btw, I'll be bringing a power strip with me for my camper in the WB pilot campground. If you find you need access to an outlet I'd be happy to help out. PM me for a contact #.

Also, a lot of people use the power outlets on the exterior of the shower buildings which were originally installed for electric shavers. I've yet to hear of anyone losing a phone (or a laptop) they were charging while showering.

Last edited:
There's power at the shower stations. I used to go charge my laptop while sitting there for an hour or so.

There's power at the shower stations. I used to go charge my laptop while sitting there for an hour or so.

Bring a small power strip. In the peak times, all the outlets are booked, but usually someone there will let you move their power supply to a outlet on your strip.

Don't think EAA ever thought of having actual charging station booths, but......if you look v-e-r-y carefully, you might spot an outlet here and there. :D

There's a ton of outlets on the outside of the shower buildings.

The question is, would you want to leave your stuff unattended while you go elsewhere?

Yes. You can plug all kinds of expensive things in there, and they'll still be there when you get back. You'd think Oshkosh was from another planet or something. Actually, I think OSH is just our "happy place." :)

I use the 12v outlet on something like this (there are other brands) to charge anything that has a 12v charger.

Also, the EAA chapter that runs the tiedown rental shack in the North 40 registration area will charge anything that needs AC power or if it's something that you don't want to leave plugged in at the showers. I think they do this free of charge, although I'm sure a small donation is appreciated.

Back