Harassment Charge

A

Anon

I have a Harassment Conviction from 19 years ago that ironically occurred at an airport. Paid a small fine and went on my way.

Haven’t flown in 10 years.

How much of an obstacle is this prior conviction going to cause me to getting a medical back again? Or am I better off just going the sport pilot route?

A conviction needs to have been reported. It shouldn't be an issue if alcohol/drugs wasn't involved and there aren't other psychological issues involved. Best to get together anything you can on the case, though those sort of things don't tend to generate a lot of paper. You can prepare your own statement about what happened if asked.

How did you deal this 10 years ago when the offense was 9yr old?

maybe it’s the same guy who played with the Hobbes to shorten his flights…turned his body clock off to increase time between medicals…:dunno:

I have a Harassment Conviction from 19 years ago that ironically occurred at an airport. Paid a small fine and went on my way.

Haven’t flown in 10 years.

How much of an obstacle is this prior conviction going to cause me to getting a medical back again? Or am I better off just going the sport pilot route?

Correction the incident happened 10 years ago, not 19 (typo).

So what the guys are asking is legitimate: Did you omit the conviction from prior application(s)?
It makes a HUGE difference.

This thread has that fish market odor thingy happening ... o_O

I have a Harassment Conviction from 10 years ago that ironically occurred at an airport. Paid a small fine and went on my way.

Haven’t flown in 10 years. My last medical was before the incident

FIFY.

sport pilot route: Is BasicMed an option? If you had a valid medical 10 years ago (or any time after July 2006) you meet the basic qualification. If so, it would take CAMI out of the process. Your conviction would be disclosed but the decision would be your doctor's not the FAA's doctors'.

Put together the paperwork from the event. Court documents, police reports, probation reports if any. Have it reviewed by professionals to determine (a) whether it needs to be reported at all* and (b) what effect it might have on your ability to obtain a new medical. I think that would be essential for an FAA medical. And even BasicMed, if you have to report it, your dictir might want details.

(* Yeah, I know you said it was a conviction. You might be surprised at the number of people I have come across who didn't know the actual legal result if their court cases. I even remember one where the client talked about "my trial." There wasn't a trial, although I'm sure it felt like one.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back