[POLL] Have you felt sick or tested positive for COVID since Jan 2020?

Have you tested positive or felt sick in the past 2.5 years?

• I have tested positie for COVID

Votes: 67 42.4%
  • I have not tested positive for COVID but felt sick sometime since January 2020

Votes: 35 22.2%
  • I have not tested positive for COVID and have never felt sick since January 2020

Votes: 56 35.4%

• Total voters
well, having covid-19 doesn't prevent other types of illnesses. It really could have been bronchitis causing symptoms (and the common cold...)

Well, I think it was wishful thinking. Either way it's no big deal. I joked that it was her getting me back for giving her chickenpox in the 90s.
(She still denies it came from her side)

Never...I mean it ! Never ask an old person how they feel..for Pete's sake, this thread will be longer than Air Wagner :).

Agreed! I'm getting older and the last thing I want to do, or sit through, is being in a conversation about surgeries, aches, pains, medications, etc. Take care of yourself as in this life I've not found a way to win an extra man like in the video games ... ;)

My wife and I are both vaxed and boosted. Went to FL recently and both contracted Covid. Both have similar systems of congestion, sore throat, and runny nose with watery eyes, fatigue that comes and goes. Both tested positive after symptoms for two days. Wife is getting better, she is about 3-4 days ahead of me.

My wife and I are both vaxed and boosted. Went to FL recently and both contracted Covid. Both have similar systems of congestion, sore throat, and runny nose with watery eyes, fatigue that comes and goes. Both tested positive after symptoms for two days. Wife is getting better, she is about 3-4 days ahead of me.
I hope you both get well soon!

When a patient presents with flu-like symptoms and tests positive for covid, is the patient also tested for influenza? If not, why not?

When a patient presents with flu-like symptoms and tests positive for covid, is the patient also tested for influenza? If not, why not?
No money in it. But that might be changing soon, so you may see the flu become rampant again.

Is there a flu test? I really don’t know. Never had one but have been diagnosed with the flu several times.

Cheers

Is there a flu test? I really don’t know. Never had one but have been diagnosed with the flu several times.

Cheers

Yes, there's even flu tests that test for influenza type A, type B, etc. There's probably even type W. I don't remember how many different types there are. :D

I didn't know until recently that the spike protein encoded in the mRNA contains a prion region. If the prion doesn't exactly reproduce perfectly, it folds abnormally, and causes CJD. So far there are 56 known CJD cases on the CDC's VAERS web site. My wife makes number 57.

Holy crap that's terrifying. I'm so sorry.

We've made it this far in our rural existence without getting the wu-flu. As a first responder I got one of the earliest vaccines, but haven't bothered to get boostered. Wife got vaccinated about 4 months later. I think my luck is about to change. Wife feels like dog-doo and just produced a positive on a home test. I suspect we picked it on our trip, and that I probably either have it or will soon. I have been feeling a bit run down, so maybe that's all I'll get...

Just realize that testing positive for COVID does not mean you have a case of COVID.

Vaccines do not prevent infection, they prevent you from getting sick from the infection by limiting it.

I have been exposed and around so many people that have tested positive within a day or two, but never got sick. Never showed antibodies either. At one point everyone in my house was sick, they were symptomatic prior to being tested. I was around them, including my grand daughter climbing all over me a day before she tested positive.

I have been exposed and around so many people that have tested positive within a day or two, but never got sick. Never showed antibodies either. At one point everyone in my house was sick, they were symptomatic prior to being tested. I was around them, including my grand daughter climbing all over me a day before she tested positive.

apparently you are typhoid tommyg

I have never taken a test but right before Christmas last year I had what seemed like a bad cold. Since I had symptoms and testing wasn't convenient I didn't really see the point in testing as I'd be staying at home for a week either way. Anecdotally it seems like most people we know have either definitely had or probably had it. It's never been a thing we worried much about, we're pretty isolated and don't have any risk factors. I still don't personally know a single person who was hospitalized or died from it.

We did get vaccinated right when it's available- I've always been pretty pro-vaccine even before covid. I was fine but my wife was feeling ill for a couple of days after. We also did boosters, again I was fine but she said she felt fatigued and like her heart rate was up. I know another guy who I encouraged to get vaccinated and he got sick for a week after and later developed bells palsy. All that combined with how much pressure there seems to be to silence any talk of side effects has made me lets just say less confident in the vaccines. They just approved them for my son's age range and especially considering how low risk he is I'm not going to be rushing to get him vaccinated and IDK if I'll do another booster myself.

Holy crap that's terrifying. I'm so sorry.

Thank you. Ironically, the so-called vaccines all still have the spike protein with the prion region encoded in them, while the current Covid variant doesn't have that protein. As far as I'm concerned, as long as the original spike protein is encoded in the mRNA, getting "vaxxed" is playing Chinese Roulette.

As far as I'm concerned, as long as the original spike protein is encoded in the mRNA, getting "vaxxed" is playing Chinese Roulette
Most medicine is roulette. I'm pretty sure we'll find a pattern of lasting side effects or even changes in human dna over time. But it beats the number of covid patients with lasting injuries or ppl who died.

And by deaths I mean "excess deaths", not the official covid numbers.

Quite often they are. The rapid PCR systems have cartridges that test for both Covid19 and InfluenzaA/B.

Most medicine is roulette. I'm pretty sure we'll find a pattern of lasting side effects or even changes in human dna over time. But it beats the number of covid patients with lasting injuries or ppl who died.

And by deaths I mean "excess deaths", not the official covid numbers.
The data don't support your assertion that vax deaths are worth the lives saved by getting it. First of all, the last two mutations don't have the spike protein that the jab induces your body to produce, so you are taking a risk for no benefit.

Second, it's well known that the higher the " vaccination" rate the higher the Covid infection rate, as is the reduced immunity caused by the injection. "Vaccinated" women have reduced fertility and "vaccinated" men have lowered super counts. Otherwise healthy athletes are dropping dead from heart attacks after getting jabbed.

If you want to get jabbed and boosted, go right ahead. Your body, your choice. I had already come to the conclusion the CoViid shot was bad news long before my wife was diagnosed with CJD, and decided to avoid the risk of complications. And for me, as well my body, my choice.

Finally, I've never heard of someone infected by CoVid getting CJD. It's not a pleasant way to die. It has to be one of the worst, in fact, and takes longer than the Covid virus to kill you.

My wife got two Moderna jabs and came down with Creutzfeldt-Jacob disease immediately (as in the time it took to walk from the clinic to the car) after. The disease is terminal, but she is still alive and beating the prognosis every additional day.

I didn't know until recently that the spike protein encoded in the mRNA contains a prion region. If the prion doesn't exactly reproduce perfectly, it folds abnormally, and causes CJD. So far there are 56 known CJD cases on the CDC's VAERS web site. My wife makes number 57.
Sorry about your wife.
However, I looked at the CDC site today https://wonder.cdc.gov/controller/datarequest/D8 )and got this data:
upload_2022-7-2_15-44-18.png

I don't see 56 CFD incidents, although I may not have used the site correctly. Also, note that anyone can post an adverse reaction
upload_2022-7-2_15-47-42.png

Also, note this link:
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...cine-not-associated-prion-disease/7053007002/

The data don't support your assertion that vax deaths are worth the lives saved by getting it. First of all, the last two mutations don't have the spike protein that the jab induces your body to produce, so you are taking a risk for no benefit.

Second, it's well known that the higher the " vaccination" rate the higher the Covid infection rate, as is the reduced immunity caused by the injection. "Vaccinated" women have reduced fertility and "vaccinated" men have lowered super counts. Otherwise healthy athletes are dropping dead from heart attacks after getting jabbed.

If you want to get jabbed and boosted, go right ahead. Your body, your choice. I had already come to the conclusion the CoViid shot was bad news long before my wife was diagnosed with CJD, and decided to avoid the risk of complications. And for me, as well my body, my choice.
Have any credible references for these?

Actually, the shots suppress your natural immunity.
Do you have a credible reference for this one, too?

I had it in January 2020. Got the stomach bug a few months ago, but that’s not Covid related.

Thank you. Ironically, the so-called vaccines all still have the spike protein with the prion region encoded in them, while the current Covid variant doesn't have that protein. As far as I'm concerned, as long as the original spike protein is encoded in the mRNA, getting "vaxxed" is playing Chinese Roulette.
Finally, we found substantial differences in the prion-like domain of the S1 region of the spike protein across emerging variants including Omicron (B.1.1.529). Taken together, the present findings indicate that the identified PrDs in the SARS-CoV-2 receptor-binding domain (RBD) and ACE2 region that interact with RBD play important functional roles in viral adhesion and entry.
https://www.mdpi.com/2076-2607/10/2/280

It seem, at the time this was published, the Omicron variant has the prion like domain. If you've something that shows otherwise, please share it.

CJD is a horrible disease and I’m truly saddened she got it. But it can occur spontaneously and, with millions of people vaccinated, there statistically will be cases that pop up near when a vaccine was given. The linked video is from the CJD foundation and they see no evidence of a link - and actually say just what I noted. That doesn’t make the disease any easier to bear.

It’s important to remember to distinguish between “correlation” and “causation”. As I think I’ve said before, shortly after football season starts, it gets colder. Shortly after it ends, it starts warming up. But football doesn’t CAUSE cold weather.

I’m open to the possibility that there are unforeseen consequences of these vaccines, including even the possibility of it accelerating a pre-existing case of CJD, for example. I’m also aware there’s a strong tendency for all of us to believe what we want to be true - for a lot of things and reasons. That doesn’t make them true.

As I’ve shared before, my wife and I got the ‘rona on Oct 20, before vaccines were available. Very mild for both of us, even as colds go - but I completely lost my smell at the time and now, nearly 2 years later, it’s still not at all right. Let’s just say “my s#!t don’t stink”, among other oddities.

At the time, as a physician, I questioned getting vaccinated because I know for virtually all other viral diseases, natural illness confers very strong - often the best - immunity. I even emailed the CDC and asked about this: given that I had the disease, wouldn’t just one shot make sense as a “booster”, thus saving shots at a time they were in very limited supply. They advised that I still get whatever series was recommended for those who had not been infected. We’ve both had Moderna x3 at this point.

We didn’t get tested but we’re pretty sure we both had it a second - and a third - time after the shots. All were mild, though the last was the most annoying and persistent. The last caused laryngitis for about two weeks for me - something apparently more common with omicron.

When they first came out I was a bit wary of the mRNA vaccines because of their mechanism. I still am open to the possibility they have long-term consequences for some people, given their novel way of working. But I’ve read up on them and find the data pretty reassuring that they’re safe, particularly in the context of a pretty infectious disease with potentially severe consequences (which, fortunately, seem to be decreasing with new variants).

Despite irrefutable evidence of health risks, there are still lots of people who smoke. “Fortunately” they largely put only themselves at risk, though they do add a LOT to Medicare costs for all of us non-smokers. By contrast, not getting vaccinated for ‘rona does impact others (beyond the health insurance costs): although the vaccinated can and do still transmit the virus, they do so at a lower rate.

It’s human nature to struggle with trying to accept a truth or reality that we don’t want to believe. That doesn’t change the truth, though.

Just some thoughts…

Just realize that testing positive for COVID does not mean you have a case of COVID.

Vaccines do not prevent infection, they prevent you from getting sick from the infection by limiting it.
Theoretically.

Over 1,000 lineages and we're still giving out the same monkey pus from 2.5 years ago.

Now, I don't get the flu SHOT. But they change that up frequently. Why haven't we done the same here? Anyone here get the flu SHOT? Would you sign up for the 2019 version of it?

Seems we're getting in to thread lock territory about now ... o_O

My wife got the shot one morning after my Mother -In-Laws last chemotherapy session. In the time it took for her to walk to the car, her whole left side swelled up and got really hot. Her knuckles swelled 2 full ring sizes! Two weeks later, the swelling went down, but she lost her math ability, the full use of her vocabulary, and could no longer walk, only shuffle. Normal CJD symptoms don't present themselves so quickly, nor so dramatically to start.

You can deny that the CoVid so-called vaccine caused my wife's CJD, but I'm sure it did. In addition, my wife's manicurist said another of her clients got the jab and started acting just like my wife. Spontaneous CJD occurs about 1 in a million people, and this sample size is orders of magnitude smaller than that.

I hope no one else gets CJD, even the ones who are pushing the so-called vaccine, but if you get the shot and you get CJD, you can't say you weren't warned.

This is my last post on this thread.

Over 1,000 lineages and we're still giving out the same monkey pus from 2.5 years ago.

Now, I don't get the flu SHOT. But they change that up frequently. Why haven't we done the same here? Anyone here get the flu SHOT? Would you sign up for the 2019 version of it?
https://www.webmd.com/vaccines/covi...2022 – Moderna released,the use of the vaccine.
I think they updated their vaccine a year or so ago, too- I saw stiff about vaccine 2.0
https://www.science.org/content/art...mpanies-plan-tweaks-would-protect-against-new

I hope no one else gets CJD, even the ones who are pushing the so-called vaccine, but if you get the shot and you get CJD, you can't say you weren't warned.
First, again, I don’t envy you or certainly your wife’s situation in the least. My sincere sympathies.

It’s not in the least a “so-called” vaccine. It’s safe and effective as a vaccine. It has substantially decreased hospitalizations and deaths due to Covid. That is irrefutable.

Does it have side effects? That is less clear but if there are significant side effects, they appear to be exceptionally rare. But for the one who gets them it’s not apparently “rare”. But again, it’s unclear what it causes versus what happened coincidentally.

Please be careful translating your understandable pain and frustration with your wife’s terrible diagnosis into a mistaken crusade to prevent others from stopping the spread of a less-serious but far, far more contagious illness.

I sincerely wish you well in a tough time.

Last edited:
Why is a man made serum better than a natural process?
Not sure but in our case, having had both, it’s clear to me as a physician this is different than, say, mumps. If a vaccine to coronavirus or other colds was easy they would have been invented long ago - long before the current vaccine skepticism fad.

Faster, more effective. It took vaccines to eliminate smallpox, the natural process failed to do so.

Yes, exactly one of two diseases that have been eradicated, and the only one that impacts humans. That is one of the reasons a goal of modded. vaccines is towards prevention of severe disease instead of eradication.

Why is a man made serum better than a natural process?
Well…given the choice between surviving smallpox, polio, meningitis, hepatitis B, Yellow Fever, or a host of other illnesses to get the immunity from natural infection and getting immunity from a vaccine DESIGNED to avoid the adverse consequences of those diseases while still giving me the same relative immunity, the choice is pretty clear - for me. YMMV :)

there was no jab for the Asiatic flu of 1890.....and less people died.

The data don't support your assertion that vax deaths are worth the lives saved by getting it.
It kinda does. Deaths aren't just covid deaths but extra deaths from delayed medical procedures, despair, etc greater than the average.
https://www.usmortality.com/excess-absolute

Or could be the relaxation of varies measures upon vaccination. They didn't say you can't get infected. You'd be less likely to be hospitalized which the data has proven.

If you want to get jabbed and boosted, go right ahead. Your body, your choice.

Fair enough. I too have issues with the amount of places and jobs requiring or pressuring it.

there was no jab for the Asiatic flu of 1890.....and less people died.
Well….there was no vaccine for the common cold in 1973 (random year) either and fewer people died. Not really relevant either.

We can believe what we want to believe. Just remember that doesn’t make it true in and of itself.

Back