the "not worthy of it's own thread" thread

I think you've got it.

I need a pdf of most documents to circulate via email, but only a fraction of them need to be printed.
Gotcha. That's been verified here. The 'Print" thing didn't make sense to me at first. I have been edumicated. No tuition needed. Thanks for bringing it up

Anyone remember print to fax?

Why is it that the nut or washer you drop on the ground, even on pavement, immediately is camouflaged? I spent more time looking for a circlip today than actually doing the work

Why is it that the nut or washer you drop on the ground, even on pavement, immediately is camouflaged? I spent more time looking for a circlip today than actually doing the work
The best way to find hardware is to go get a new one. When you get back with it you'll immediately find the one you dropped.

I am convinced that some parts, and the occasional tool, sublimate when they hit the floor.

I am convinced that some parts, and the occasional tool, sublimate when they hit the floor.

They go and hide in the last place you will ever look to find them ... :)

I dropped my 1/4” ratchet with an 11mm socket on it into the top side of the engine in a Jeep Liberty a couple years ago. The ratchet made it out, landing almost instantaneously on the floor. The socket was never seen again.

Meh. Rough engine and loss of power about 700-800 AGL or so on climb out. Took a couple seconds to evaluate a turn back… not a pretty option, with a 10g20 quartering tailwind. A couple more seconds to remind myself to get the nose down and FLY THE DAMN PLANE. Nursed it around a close in downwind and 180 to land. All’s well that ends well. Right now I’m nursing a Manhattan, tomorrow I’ll test my theory that it’s yet another case of sunk Bing carburetor floats.
We found some schmutz in one carb jet and cleaned ‘em both. Did a couple of run-ups, everything perfect. Did a high speed run on the runway, everything was perfect. Taxi back, another couple run-ups, everything perfect. Took off, everything was perfect. Right up until about 500 AGL, when the pucker factor increased as the square of the sim of the changes in engine RPM and airspeed.

Not doing this again until we can reproduce the issue on the ground and determine with certainty the exact cause and guarantee it’s fixed. On the bright side, I got my cardio workout today while sitting down, so there’s that.

No, we’re riveted. Do tell.

Notifications haven’t been working in tapatalk. This is the first one I’ve received in a while, as they think they have the issue fixed. It didn’t affect everyone but I’m hoping it’s finally fixed.

Odd that after all this time I still haven’t even looked at Tapatalk.

First time I’ve ever had a TFR over my house. Wish it were a VIP one but tragedy instead. :confused:

I just had my weekly missed declined call from NYC and the subsequent long voice mail in Chinese.

I just had my weekly missed declined call from NYC and the subsequent long voice mail in Chinese.
You guys only get those weekly?

Just booked my medical re-up and get to navigate medxpress now. Should I do my 1st class and plan a career change? (not sure if this violates the rule of it not being worthy of its own thread)

You guys only get those weekly?

Just booked my medical re-up and get to navigate medxpress now. Should I do my 1st class and plan a career change? (not sure if this violates the rule of it not being worthy of its own thread)

do u have your multi yet?

Is that a Beech Starship? Or that other one that looks like it? Can't remember the name.
Yes it's a starship.

You're thinking of the other twin turboprop pusher... the piaggio p180 avanti, which is cool, but not rare enough to get excited about. They show up at cmi a few times a year, but I've never seen a starship in real life.

Yes it's a starship.

You're thinking of the other twin turboprop pusher... the piaggio p180 avanti, which is cool, but not rare enough to get excited about. They show up at cmi a few times a year, but I've never seen a starship in real life.
Last I read there were just 3 of them I think. And one guy had a couple of them maybe.

Yes it's a starship.

The Starship is cooler, in my humble opinion. The P180 doesn't have the swept wing, the Starship is just a thing of beauty.

The Starship is cooler, in my humble opinion. The P180 doesn't have the swept wing, the Starship is just a thing of beauty.
Possibly the most beautiful aircraft ever built. Easily in the top five.

The piaggio is cool, but I wouldn't call it beautiful. It's cool in it's efficiency and weirdness.

puerco-river-micah-offman.jpg

This river runs through Gallup, NM.

Yes, translates to pig river.

No fishing allowed...

puerco-river-micah-offman.jpg

This river runs through Gallup, NM.

Yes, translates to pig river.

No fishing allowed...
A bit disappointed it isn't Puerco Rio instead.

If fishing were allowed, what would you use as bait?

All of the signs I have seen have Rio Puerco. I don't know why but for some reason this one is different.

Swimming is not allowed either, probably because of the uranium run off during monsoon season.

Bait.... wait for it.... sandfly.... :lol::lol:

I've found that if I'm looking for something else, I find what I lost; That goes for tools and dropped objects. The only problem is that you have to continue to lose and drop things.

I've found that if I'm looking for something else, I find what I lost; That goes for tools and dropped objects. The only problem is that you have to continue to lose and drop things.

corollary: if you ordered a replacement for a lost <whatever>, then you find the lost item. (just happened to me)

(but, you can't order the item hoping to find it... you can't invoke the corollary to achieve the desired result)

I miss my airplane. Haven't seen her in over a week. Hoping I'll feel good enough to go fly tomorrow.

Back