Divided Household

Which Rudder Paint?

• One color (4a)

• Original (4b)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Lol, 25 for one and 25 votes for the other. Hope you get more input.

4B was way out in front when I looked yesterday. I think folks are changing their votes now just to keep it tied and screw with Mtns2Skies decision process. :)

Paint the pilot side like you want, and the passenger side like she wants. ;)
300px-Modern_Problems_Require_Modern_Solutions.jpg

Looking just at the tail feathers, I prefer "a", but looking at the plane as a whole the straight vertical line looks better, IMO.

I feel like 4a will hide the bird poop better, so that's my vote.

Looks like you’re not going to get any consensus you might have been hoping for. Wife wins (she does/would anyway, let’s be real).

I'm guessing the long plan is for @Mtns2Skies to put up a fake fight on this, and then tell @Mtns2SkiesBetterHalf that she can have it her way on the rudder paint. All of this is a setup for something he anticipates will be a bigger disagreement down the road, and that's when he pulls out the "you got your way last time" card, and voila, mission accomplished. #beenmarriedalongtime

Last edited:
Predictably, @Mtns2SkiesBetterHalf is going to get her way :) . We're going to do it via the original scheme which is 4b.

The vote was pretty much a tie anyway :eek:.

To be completely transparent, I wanted 4b but once we got 4a rendered I was also torn. So basically @Mtns2Skies was between 4a and 4b, leaning 4a. I was between 4a and 4b, leaning 4b.

The voting validated why we were both torn haha

Predictably, @Mtns2SkiesBetterHalf is going to get her way :) . We're going to do it via the original scheme which is 4b.

The vote was pretty much a tie anyway :eek:.

Smart man.... Happy Wife, Happy Life (BTW - you've married a fantastic partner if she's interested enough in airplanes to have an opinion on rudder paint!).

ONLY if Mtns2Skikes also drives a rusted 1975 gold painted Trans Am with a fading giant chicken decal on the hood, wears gold chains, can't button his shirt, and sports a really bad jet black toupee.

I think that they both look good and I'm just pleased to see that you're not putting some craptastic modern dixie cup paint job on it.

...a rusted 1975 gold painted Trans Am with a fading giant chicken decal on the hood, wears gold chains...
I'm pretty sure that I knew that guy in high school! ;)

A wife who supports your aviation habit is precious enough to have the plane painted pink if she wants.

The slant of the N-numbers looks really great! And the vintage logos on the empennage, too. Congratulations. Good work by the Art Director.

Really sweet! Glad you made the correct decision! :D

That, is a beautiful airplane! So nice.

Back