EAGLE Leadership Posts Unleaded Avgas Update...

No surprise on the "depth" of the update and lack of progress but it's reassuring to know they are working on it. At least there was mention of the G100UL and a picture it. The comments at the bottom of the article are also interesting.

I’m using ul94 with an stc ,when I can get it. The faa is really not helping the cause. The FAA is requiring more tests on ul 100.

Is this what PAFI used to be?

Waste Over More Progress
Big Oil Ain't There
Someone Wants Another Money Payday

Ugh, I just want what gami is selling.

I’m using ul94 with an stc ,when I can get it. The faa is really not helping the cause. The FAA is requiring more tests on ul 100.
giphy.gif

Gami was set to go,untill the friendly FAA asked for more tests.In a statement from gami they said they have the network ready to go when approved.

The others big players won't let an upstart like GAMI come to the table and bring a product to market. Clean, stable, & storable unleaded fuel at this octane level has consequences far broader than just aviation. People have little idea how many industry suppliers have Fed and state legislative or administrative directives for a squirt per gallon of additive to clean valves, lower emissions, oxygenation, etc.

A couple of well placed phone calls from a major player or two and GAMI's STC approval gets routed to an industry peer approval committee (EAGLE). We will get an unleaded replacement, but only after the bureaucrats likely have 100% safe to them option; and other industry players aviation, oil & gas, distribution all get a taste of an annuity going forward.

Last edited:
The others big players won't let an upstart like GAMI come to the table and bring a product to market. Clean, stable, & storable unleaded fuel at this octane level has consequences far broader than just aviation.

True, but there’s another hurdle. These big players now have to create a fuel that meets the requirements AND doesn’t infringe upon Braly’s fuel patents. https://patents.justia.com/inventor/george-w-braly That might not be so easy.

When the lawsuits start this should become quite entertaining. At least it will give us something to watch while we’re all grounded by the EPA.

We won't be grounded with no fuel....and hopefully when the dust settles we'll have a competitor and multiple 100 unleaded suppliers.

It seems to me that Braly has jumped through every hoop the FAA has set and the FAA bureaucracy is stalling him. I'm surprised he hasn't lawyered up yet, but it's probably coming soon.

It seems to me that Braly has jumped through every hoop the FAA has set and the FAA bureaucracy is stalling him. I'm surprised he hasn't lawyered up yet, but it's probably coming soon.

I have known George for many years. He doesn't need to lawyer up, he are one. :D

Last edited:
Back