Oshkosh 2022 Group Parking/Camping Headcount

but I don't have a tent

Hey, for real, I have a 2nd small tent you can borrow. heck, I can mail it to you it is pretty small.
I was going to take it but my wife is coming and wants an air bed. It won't fit in the smaller tent so I am using my larger one.

Says its for MoonLancey pilots but I suspect a Banooney pilot can use it.

Let me know.

20220630_133757.jpg Resized_20220622_124005.jpeg

I don't have a poncho. btw, is that a real poncho or is that a Sears poncho? (*you won't get the reference but that's ok)

I don't have a poncho. btw, is that a real poncho or is that a Sears poncho? (*you won't get the reference but that's ok)
There's 3 ponchos in that photo and it is just me and Eren. So we got a 3rd for anyone that might need one.

I’m planning to go this year, my first.

I Don’t feel brave enough to fly-in, I’ll probably drive-in and camp with my car. The RV campsites too expensive, I’ll get the unpowered campsite.

Looks like a primitive campsite that’s just a grass field and a parking/camping spot. I’ll bring my Honda generator and a cooler with ice, hopefully that keeps me going.

I Don’t feel brave enough to fly-in, I’ll probably drive-in and camp with my car. The RV campsites too expensive, I’ll get the unpowered campsite.

Looks like a primitive campsite that’s just a grass field and a parking/camping spot. I’ll bring my Honda generator and a cooler with ice, hopefully that keeps me going.
They have really improved Scholler. Camping with the plane is good for bragging - a car with the extras is pretty darn nice too. Bring a generator and you are good for electric. Or, plenty of ways to charge up a battery bank like everyone that flew in. Seriously, treasure trove of info in threads here from the last 20 years in which not much has changed for drive in camping.

Find one of us and camp under a plane. It’s a neat experience and the amenities aren’t bad at all.

Thanks. Reading the old threads now about camping.

I’ll be driving my Tesla in, An air mattress fits with the seats folded down. I can close-up in the back and run the air conditioner (or heater) all day/night if I need to, or rainstorm coming through.

I have a tent and basic camping stuff, but
I’m actually thinking of getting one of those tailgate-attaching tents so I can use the car for my air-mattress and have the tent attached for some “standing up room” all connected.

( I already asked in the other thread about generators at the campsite)

Find one of us and camp under a plane. It’s a neat experience and the amenities aren’t bad at all.
I’ve got a Mooney. You want to camp under that wing, I will require a deposit for the inevitable head dent. ;)

Does homebuilt camping ever fill up?

Does homebuilt camping ever fill up?
They usually don’t cutoff HBC. If you plan to slum it with us riff-raff in the north or south 40, there’s a chance they run out of space early in the week for a few days.

They usually don’t cutoff HBC. If you plan to slum it with us riff-raff in the north or south 40, there’s a chance they run out of space early in the week for a few days.

I don't think I'll ever do N40 again. It's not horrible (it's still better than Scholler, IMO), but it's definitely a last resort if I have better options.

New tent.

93ac1b626b7146837909c9ef3f46b099.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve got round 3!! [mention]eman1200 [/mention]

osh.jpg Credentials arrived by way of snail mail today. American Airlines has already made changes to my itinerary. Originally had a direct flight from Charlotte NC to Appleton but now a connecting flight with a layover in O'Hare. RV on schedule to be delivered to Camp Scholller on arrival day. Looking forward to Airventure and Beerventure.

e3a27232503ada82415986197782be99.jpg

Solar power station test in the back yard! Just got the panels delivered from FedEx this afternoon

What's in the envelope? Doesn't look big enough to be the ACTUAL credentials.

Back