Another Good Day in the Plane

Shepherd

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Shepherd
Had a great couple of hours in the plane today.
Now I have to start taking the plane apart for an oil change and annual.
sigh....

I'm on day 34 of no flying. No end in sight.

I'm quickly approaching day 90 with a tiny little glimmer at the end of the tunnel. Silver lining - with the Arizona heat and the price of fuel, maybe this is a blessing.

I'm quickly approaching day 90 with a tiny little glimmer at the end of the tunnel. Silver lining - with the Arizona heat and the price of fuel, maybe this is a blessing.
Are you in the backordered part club?

Had a great couple of hours in the plane today.
Now I have to start taking the plane apart for an oil change and annual.
sigh....

As long as the plane being taken apart is on your terms and not the terrain's, I would say you had a good day.

Another interesting tidbit from the flight.
I flew off to an area I was reasonably sure I would not recognize any landmarks, about 40 minutes out. I then tuned my Yaesu FTA-750 to the Pawling VOR signal. It locked right on and I flew back to the Pawling VOR. I wish I had had the presence of mind to take some pictures or a video of the display on the radio.
I could have flown the Kingston VOR, which is a few miles off the end of runway 24, but I was afraid I would confuse the tower that a plane with no electrical system, no transponder, and no adsb, was flying the VOR approach.
It's a training tower, and some days they struggle.

shep, u ever bring along a photographer? wondering if you could circle storm king school in cornwall-on-hudson and snap some pics...... :)

shep, u ever bring along a photographer? wondering if you could circle storm king school in cornwall-on-hudson and snap some pics...... :)

I could do that.
The Storm King School isn't that far away.The only possible hitch is busting the West Point airspace. The school is right on the north edge of the training area.
Take off, skirt the SWF class "D" airspace, fly down the river to Cornwall and voila!

I could do that.
The Storm King School isn't that far away.The only possible hitch is busting the West Point airspace. The school is right on the north edge of the training area.
Take off, skirt the SWF class "D" airspace, fly down the river to Cornwall and voila!

that would be a w e s o m e !! there's also, or at least used to be, the storm king art center with some huge outdoor art sculptures and whatnot. might not be big enough for aerial photog but u never know....

Back