[POLL] Have you felt sick or tested positive for COVID since Jan 2020?

Have you tested positive or felt sick in the past 2.5 years?

• I have tested positie for COVID

Votes: 67 42.4%
  • I have not tested positive for COVID but felt sick sometime since January 2020

Votes: 35 22.2%
  • I have not tested positive for COVID and have never felt sick since January 2020

Votes: 56 35.4%

• Total voters
One of the problems associated with the 'rona is how wildly different infections can be. Some people are barely affected, a million of them died.

I think you meant to say 330,000,000 got thru it fine, and 1,000,000 died according to known bad sources. we wouldn't want to skew the numbers now, would we? lol "some people".......that's a good one.

I think you meant to say 330,000,000 got thru it fine, and 1,000,000 died according to known bad sources. we wouldn't want to skew the numbers now, would we? lol "some people".......that's a good one.
And here we go again....
IBTL

I was a lab rat for the Moderna vaccine trial. After the first injection, I later found out got the real stuff which I suspected since my arm hurt like hell for a day. Second shot was a nothing burger as was the first booster.

Second booster (not part of the trial per se but approved by the lab rat keepers) was like my annual flu shots.

Always negative for the virus on the trial tests.

No clue if anybody I’ve been around has had the bug. Been to Mexico twice and several trips around the USA as well as POA Rough River (a known source of all sort of bad juju).

Cheers

and now you get......wait...wait for it.......glowing reviews. o_O
I was a lab rat for the Moderna vaccine trial. After the first injection, I later found out got the real stuff which I suspected since my arm hurt like hell for a day. Second shot was a nothing burger as was the first booster.

Second booster (not part of the trial per se but approved by the lab rat keepers) was like my annual flu shots.

No clue if anybody I’ve been around has had the bug. Been to Mexico twice and several trips around the USA as well as POA Rough River (a known source of all sort of bad juju).

Cheers

Cheers

conversely, one of my sisters felt like, well, you know, for several days after her 2nd booster. She felt bad enough that she said she won't get anymore booster shots.

The spectrum of reactions to the shots is interesting (unless you are one of the unfortunate ones that feel like, well, you know...)

conversely, one of my sisters felt like, well, you know, for several days after her 2nd booster. She felt bad enough that she said she won't get anymore booster shots.

The spectrum of reactions to the shots is interesting (unless you are one of the unfortunate ones that feel like, well, you know...)

My booster didn't make me feel like, well, you know, but about 45 minutes afterwards my reaction to it was, well, you know, and I was 3 feet shy of getting to the, well, you know.

I was one of those 'crazies' that was travelling fairly heavily the past couple of years, so I know I had to have been exposed to it. Had a few instances of head/chest cold, but that is not a super abnormal thing for me. Never got tested, but statistics would probably say based on the number of people I was in close proximity to (airports, planes, shuttle buses, restaurants), I was most likely exposed and I would assume at least one of my chest/head cold battles was probably from flying the -19. Never been tested.

I've gotten through 2.5 years without a problem. Last Friday, some idiot on an American flight decided they needed to travel more than everyone around them didn't need to get sick.

Quarantining at home right now, day 4 past the first symptoms and I'm well over the hump. I think fever has broken.

The juxtaposition of these two posts...

The 'rona shot was nothing like the one I got for shingles, which laid me out for a whole weekend. But a few years back a colleague got shingles in her face. Lost and eye and half her face was paralyzed. I've decided that a weekend feeling like crap is a small price to pay to not suffer that.

There's a lot of denial.

one coroner said he didn't believe in COVID. HMMM.

how many people died in your county in 2019? Answer: 20

how many people died in your county in 2020? Answer: 40

why did the death rate double? Answer: dunno...

Paul

It wasn't the leading cause....not even the second cause.....yawn. :eek:

Another factoid.....majority of the deaths were either previously sick or elderly. o_O
There's a lot of denial.

Paul

There's a lot of denial.

Paul

There's a lot of missing (or twisted) data.

I'd been exposed a few times but never got it until a couple months ago. I've had worse colds. My wife never did get it. We both suspect we may have had it back in late 2019; both of us had a couple weeks of vicious upper respiratory ailment with fever for a few days. We'd just been around the Southwest for a wee long road trip, including a couple of days at the Grand Canyon sharing space with a busload or two of Chinese tourists. Probably never will know if that was COVID or just garden variety whatever-it-was.

A coworker of mine in the UK hasn't had it yet, but his fully vaccinated and booster-shot mother has. Four times. Crapshoot, indeed.

I have no clue why people either question or believe the Covid Death tolls. If you don’t think its a big deal, don’t take precautions. If you do think it is, do what you want to avoid it.

Carping about statistics on a pilot board changes nothing.

$0.02 worth from a lab rat

Cheers

I have no clue why people either question or believe the Covid Death tolls. If you don’t think its a big deal, don’t take precautions. If you do think it is, do what you want to avoid it.

But ... but ... don't we all make our toughest decisions by a consensus (or not) of what we get here on POA? We have covered everything from an envelope taped to a prop to how to get denied a medical because of a tattoo. Surely these most serious medical conditions can be clarified by the brain trust at POA! ... or not! :stirpot:

Points to ponder pal.....noth'n more....noth'n less. o_O

$0.02 worth from a lab rat

Cheers

My wife got two Moderna jabs and came down with Creutzfeldt-Jacob disease immediately (as in the time it took to walk from the clinic to the car) after. The disease is terminal, but she is still alive and beating the prognosis every additional day.

I didn't know until recently that the spike protein encoded in the mRNA contains a prion region. If the prion doesn't exactly reproduce perfectly, it folds abnormally, and causes CJD. So far there are 56 known CJD cases on the CDC's VAERS web site. My wife makes number 57.

My wife got two Moderna jabs and came down with Creutzfeldt-Jacob disease immediately (as in the time it took to walk from the clinic to the car) after. The disease is terminal, but she is still alive and beating the prognosis every additional day.

I didn't know until recently that the spike protein encoded in the mRNA contains a prion region. If the prion doesn't exactly reproduce perfectly, it folds abnormally, and causes CJD. So far there are 56 known CJD cases on the CDC's VAERS web site. My wife makes number 57.
Very sorry to hear about your wife.

My son (11) felt bad about 10 days ago after 2 weeks at spend the night camps. We tested him and he threw positive test results for a week. He finally tested negative on Sunday and his symptoms are gone, so it is back to normal operations.

This is his third occurrence of Covid, which has to be a statistical anomaly.

We have friends who are vax'd and boosted and have had it several times....:confused:

I wonder if the vaccine imprints the outer protein so hard that when the immune system finally sees the real thing (the whole virus, not just the outer protein) it doesn't "learn" the virus? ....so that natural immunity is weak to nill?

I have had all shots and boosters. I also take lots of vitamin D and whatever else my wife puts in front of me.

Not even a sniffle.

But when I lived in the bush, I got a severe cold at least every other month, sometimes every month in winter.

I haven't had a cold or anything else since leaving Alaska.

Except one heart attack...

55192AB2-490A-4A0D-9D98-9D26A6B43B13.png
image-587589--851250767050201789

Very healthy period. No flu, colds, sniffles, feeling run down, or stomach ailments. Nationally flu has been about existent. We need mandatory masks in public, businesses and at places of employment permanently.

I've been fine. Had the Pz vax and 1 booster, as did the gf. We've been generally secluded, which suits me well because I'm not all that social anyway (go figure). No special precautions, though. Masks only when it was required and reluctantly. I have stepped up on hand washing a bit.

3 co-workers have had it within the past 2 months, all recovered. One was hospitalized, in his 50's, but not on a vent. Out in a couple of days. Fortunately I wasn't in close proximity to any of them prior to them getting sick.

2 friends had it. One before the vax was available. She is in her 70's, but otherwise in good health. Did not require hospital trip, but said it was the sickest she'd ever been, and most tired. Recovered without any long term issues at all. Another after the vax was available. He was in his early 60's. Smoked for 20 years, quit in his 40s. Was a 9-11 volunteer, and related or not had some non-cancerous breathing issues. He didn't believe in the vax. He spent one day in the hospital, and didn't make it.

Not enough data for me to draw any conclusions. To me the take away is that as a species there are too many of us for the area we occupy, and we travel around too fast.

Had it a few weeks ago. Second time. First time was early January. I did get the J&J shot, mainly because I couldn't be for other vaccinations and not for this one. That's before we realized it's more of a shot than vaccination, which is why they had to change the definition. My dad had it last August/September...bad. He got it shortly after I did this last time around. Both times I had it was congested to the point of headache for a day. Otherwise just like a cold. Actually have had seasonal allergies worse. My dad had similar symptoms this time. He is not vaccinated.

I'd be more on board with the shot if we did something to update it. In the 30 months since this started we've done nothing to modernize it. They change the flu shot every year based on what strain we think will make it's rounds. So why push a shot for an ever changing virus who's strain we get jabbed for no longer exists.

This January a 29 year old friend of mine and father of 2 with a 3rd due any day passed away after contracting it around Thanksgiving. Initially went to the hospital when he said his fingers were tingling and was told he had it then. A few days later was on a ventilator...and that's when he found out his third was on the way. Always wanted a daughter, but he never found out the sex.

Last edited:
The shots (Moderna) gave me a slight fever and chills. So did COVID. In fact I suspected I had it because it felt just like after I got the shots. Tested negative the first day, then positive. Sore throat and sneezing, but not bad. This was about a month ago.

I'd be more on board with the shot if we did something to update it. In the 30 months since this started we've done nothing to modernize it. They change the flu shot every year based on what strain we think will make it's rounds. So why push a shot for an ever changing virus who's strain we get jabbed for no longer exists.

Agreed. I got the Pfizer x2 pretty early on when it came to general consumption, and a booster after my wife guilted me into it last dec. Shocker that I got a strain that the 2020 vaccine didn't protect from a few months ago. I had a sore throat for less than a day, and that was it.

Apparently COVID has been going around as several of my coworkers have tested positive recently. One even got it twice. The most recent was one I was in a meeting with and sat 6 inches away for an hour and a half. Most of that time, we were talking and discussing so I got plenty of exposure. The very next day he tested positive. This was 2 weeks ago and I've never felt better during that entire time. As a matter of fact, I've never felt sick at all in the past 2.5 years. No cold, no flu, no fever, no aches and not even so much as a sniffle or sneeze.

Just curious if anyone else is in the same boat.
I feel sick every time the subject comes up.

I had the Rona late last year during a family Christmas dinner. I am vaxxed and boosted so it was just inconvenient more than anything because I had to cancel travel plans. A bit of congestion for me. Was harder on my cousins' little kids.

Well that plus doing the "you might want to get checked" calls is kinda odd. I'd imagined that task would follow a different type of get together.

I should have known better than accepting patient zero saying the cough was "just bronchitis" and ignoring their children's runny noses.

I..

I should have known better than accepting patient zero saying the cough was "just bronchitis" and ignoring their children's runny noses.

well, having covid-19 doesn't prevent other types of illnesses. It really could have been bronchitis causing symptoms (and the common cold...)

We have friends who are vax'd and boosted and have had it several times....:confused:

I wonder if the vaccine imprints the outer protein so hard that when the immune system finally sees the real thing (the whole virus, not just the outer protein) it doesn't "learn" the virus? ....so that natural immunity is weak to nill?
Actually, the shots suppress your natural immunity.

I had the OG in Feb 2020. Was more or less forced into the vaccine in early 2021 (Pfizer X2) by work. Then I got Omnicron early this year.

Last edited:
Back