Little Rock airport recommendations

dfw11411

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
dfw11411
I don't fly into LR often, but have landed at KORK when I do. Barrett Aviation has always treated me well. I just learned that Harry Barrett passed away last week and they've closed the FBO permanently. The woman I spoke with, I suspect his widow, said the airport authority is trying to get a new FBO operator ASAP.

I'm planning to fly into LR soon and was trying to arrange a Sunday afternoon arrival with hangar space. I'm a bit reluctant to use KLIT. Anyone know the area and have a suggestion for me? Thanks in advance.

LIT was the first class C I'd ever visited (April '21). Super relaxed place. Nice folks. Aside from the crazy gas prices there (currently ~$10/gal AVGAS) it was perfect.
I know you're reluctant to hit LIT, but if it's not for price reasons then I'd say it's a pretty solid choice. Hard to beat that proximity to downtown, and they should have hangar space for you! :cool:

LIT has gone down hill. TAC sold to Million Air and Lynx sold to Atlantic. Atlantic is very anti small GA and will happily charge you $40 Fee whether you brought fuel or not.

Your best bet is CXW if they have space in the community hanger. SUZ doesn’t have a community hanger and our fuel just went to $8 which is stupidly higher then everyone else.

CXW is a good option. Kinda out there, and I have issues with getting a rental last time I flew in, but a good place.

LIT has gone down hill. TAC sold to Million Air and Lynx sold to Atlantic. Atlantic is very anti small GA and will happily charge you $40 Fee whether you brought fuel or not.

Your best bet is CXW if they have space in the community hanger. SUZ doesn’t have a community hanger and our fuel just went to $8 which is stupidly higher then everyone else.

I used to go to LIT at least once a year, back when Lynx was around. Now it's unbearably expensive. ORK was my choice this year.

Is your final destination somewhere in Little Rock? Airport recommendations may depend on where you want to end up.

Back