What's your go-to Concealed Carry weapon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some people have argued that people in fear are easy to control, and if you remove their ability to protect themselves, that makes them even more easy to control.

I'm just saying that is what I read, that is all. Maybe it is a bunch of bunk. Yeah, I'm sure it is that.

I believe that can be said for virtually all forms of dependency. When people must depend on government for protection, food, housing, medical care, energy, transportation, et cetera ad infinitum, they are much easier to control.

I believe that can be said for virtually all forms of dependency. When people must depend on government for protection, food, housing, medical care, energy, transportation, et cetera ad infinitum, they are much easier to control.

Much better to depend on a company for medical care than have it as a right guaranteed by the government. That certainly could never be abused.

:rolleyes

Much better to depend on a company for medical care than have it as a right guaranteed by the government. That certainly could never be abused.

In my state you would not believe the people that take their children to the ER for a runny noses because they don't have a doctor and are on medicaid/welfare, no cost to them.
If they were to go to a clinic, urgent care or primary care doctor it would be a $40 bill to the state, unfortunately the ER is min $500-1000 depending. All for a bottle of the counter tylenol and dimetapp.
No wasteful abuse going on there…l

Last edited:

thank you. I needed a chuckle.

Ah, gov’t healthcare..... The compassion of the IRS, the efficiency of the DMV.

Competition can be a very good thing, and being able to choose among companies enables that.

IBTL

Ah, gov’t healthcare..... The compassion of the IRS, the efficiency of the DMV.

Competition can be a very good thing, and being able to choose among companies enables that.

IBTL

Yeah, it’s so terrible every other first world country that has it has a longer life expectancy than us ‘muricans.

Gofundmes for medical care is a much better system than anything else for sure.

Many years ago, my kids pediatrician was at the polls, handing out pamphlets in support of a gun registration bill in Maryland, and the politicians who would vote for it.

I asked him if some of his family had difficulties in Germany when Adolph came to power. Yes, some died, we escaped.

Did you know that Adolph passed a law to require registration of all guns, shortly after coming to power? No.

Then, all who Adolph did not trust had police coming to pick up their guns. Only those who Adolph trusted could have guns.

That made Germany much safer for your family?

He thought for a short minute, threw the pamphlets in a trash container, and said he was going to the precinct where his wife was passing out the same material. She had fled too, and members of her family had died.

It is true that you do not need guns in a free country, but you cannot keep a country from becoming not free unless you do have them.

I agree that keeping people in fear makes them easier to control. But even if it doesn't cause fear, it causes people to rely more on government for protection. And that protection can be withdrawn when the government decides you are not worthy of protection. And, people who have no ability to protect themselves cannot shoot back when the government comes knocking.

Yeah, it’s so terrible every other first world country that has it has a longer life expectancy than us ‘muricans.

Yes, the US has lower life expectancy than many other countries. Don’t confuse correlation with causation. The US also has higher obesity and for many decades has had higher tobacco use. The situation is much more complex than you’re suggesting.

If you’re truly interested, wade through this paper:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK62584/

Bottom line, in case you don’t want to read the whole thing - The question that we have posed is much simpler: Does a poor performance by the U.S. health care system account for the low international ranking of longevity in the United States? Our answer is “No.”

Yes, the US has lower life expectancy than many other countries. Don’t confuse correlation with causation. The US also has higher obesity and for many decades has had higher tobacco use. The situation is much more complex than you’re suggesting.

If you’re truly interested, wade through this paper:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK62584/

Bottom line, in case you don’t want to read the whole thing - The question that we have posed is much simpler: Does a poor performance by the U.S. health care system account for the low international ranking of longevity in the United States? Our answer is “No.”

Most of the data in that paper is too old for Matt Gaetz to want to have sex with it.

The healthcare situation in this country has changed dramatically from 15 years ago.

caveats being that ‘muricans are just as fat as they have ever been.

Last edited:
No. There is a process and if you fill the boxes you get the permit. It's not like NY where personal connections and graft are a required part of the process.

more accurately: MAY be a required as part of the process. NY's carry, with the exception of NYC, is a county by county system. Some didn't require anything special, apparently some did. NYC is allowed it's own set of rules, for whatever reason. The whole state isn't corrupt. But having a system that encourages it isn't good, and NYSRPA did a great job in helping reduce the corruption.

Most of the data in that paper is too old for Matt Gaetz to want to have sex with it.

The healthcare situation in this country has changed dramatically from 15 years ago.

caveats being that ‘muricans are just as fat as they have ever been.
Odd thing is that every single person I know that has lived in a country with centralized health care and subsequently moved to the US has preferred our system.

I know it’s anecdotal and should not be used as sole source for an opinion but I do find it odd that not a single person missed having access to their old health care system.

Perhaps you’re the first one I’ve met that does. Have you lived somewhere with centralized care?

What people don't seem to recognize is that criminals are criminal because they don't obey the law. The law that prohibits me from carrying a firearm is just another one they don't obey.

Seems a shame that these highly intelligent and educated people that we elect to represent us have not learned the simple truth that laws are for law abiding citizens & evil will not go away if left alone ...

In the NHS, over a period of a few years, about FIVE THOUSAND patients in hospital died from starvation or dehydration because nobody bothered to feed or hydrate them. Can you imagine if your Aunt Sally died from starvation in the hospital because none of the personnel could be troubled to provide them nourishment? I have never heard of a single instance in the US where someone died from neglect like that while an inpatient.

Last edited:
…caveats being that ‘muricans are just as fat as they have ever been.

No, we keep getting fatter. Just look at the number pilots wheeling around a CPAP and monitoring A1C levels. In the last 20 years, the US obesity rate went from 30% to over 40% and the severe obesity rate more than doubles to over 10%. Both conditions directly contribute to heart disease which kills more Americans that anything else.

The US ranks #9 in the world for percent population overweight, at 74%. UK is 28 at 64%, Canada is #35 at 61%. So, 3 of 4 are overweight, 4 of 10 are grossly overweight, and 1 in 10 are morbidly overweight. Leading the industrialized world and it isn’t even close and for something that is nearly 100% preventable and almost entirely controlled by the individual.

In the NHS, over a period of a few years, about FIVE THOUSAND patients in hospital died from starvation or dehydration because nobody bothered to feed or hydrate them. Can you imagine if your Aunt Sally died from starvation in the hospital because none of the personnel could be troubled to provide them nourishment? I have never heard of a single instance in the US where someone died from neglect like that while an inpatient.

No, we keep getting fatter. Just look at the number pilots wheeling around a CPAP and monitoring A1C levels. In the last 20 years, the US obesity rate went from 30% to over 40% and the severe obesity rate more than doubles to over 10%. Both conditions directly contribute to heart disease which kills more Americans that anything else.

The US ranks #9 in the world for percent population overweight, at 74%. UK is 28 at 64%, Canada is #35 at 61%. So, 3 of 4 are overweight, 4 of 10 are grossly overweight, and 1 in 10 are morbidly overweight. Leading the industrialized world and it isn’t even close and for something that is nearly 100% preventable and almost entirely controlled by the individual.

Facts and emotional irrationality don't go well together. Best to just let them "reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" because no amount of data will change "muh feelins."

Odd thing is that every single person I know that has lived in a country with centralized health care and subsequently moved to the US has preferred our system.

I know it’s anecdotal and should not be used as sole source for an opinion but I do find it odd that not a single person missed having access to their old health care system.

Perhaps you’re the first one I’ve met that does. Have you lived somewhere with centralized care?

Yeah, all of my friends who live in the Netherlands and Germany absolutely hate it there.

No, I live in ‘Murica because I don’t have a whole lot of choice in the matter. If it was easy to leave and move to another country, I would.

Yeah, all of my friends who live in the Netherlands and Germany absolutely hate it there.

No, I live in ‘Murica because I don’t have a whole lot of choice in the matter. If it was easy to leave and move to another country, I would.
I’m sorry you’re stuck here. Hopefully you will have the opportunity to live where you like soon.

How's GA in Germany and Netherlands compared to America ?

Think you could have everything given to you that you got here like you did if you lived over there?

How's GA in Germany and Netherlands compared to America ?

Think you could have everything given to you that you got here like you did if you lived over there?

By “everything given to you” to you mean a vocational education that my parents were able to pay for?

Yeah, I would have got “everything given to me” except instead of my parents paying for it you would have as a taxpayer.

Have you considered a Go Fund Me account?

Have you considered a Go Fund Me account?

Did you know 1/3rd of the money gofundme raises is for healthcare costs?

Actually, it’s de-facto the largest single provider of healthcare in the country!

No better system than that, thats for sure!

By “everything given to you” to you mean a vocational education that my parents were able to pay for?

Yeah, I would have got “everything given to me” except instead of my parents paying for it you would have as a taxpayer.

Oh you mean you would have had access to two airplanes in Germany or the Netherlands and the freedom to fly at the cost like you did here? That's hilarious.

Did you know 1/3rd of the money gofundme raises is for healthcare costs?

Actually, it’s de-facto the largest single provider of healthcare in the country!

No better system than that, thats for sure!

And yeah, it is a good system, because if I don't want to use it, I don't have to. Largest single provider? LOL. You're drunk again.

People like you expecting everyone else to pay for your ****, because well, that's what you grew up with. The entitlement is strong. I don't fault you for it, it's all you've known.

Oh you mean you would have had access to two airplanes in Germany or the Netherlands and the freedom to fly at the cost like you did here? That's hilarious.

And yeah, it is a good system, because if I don't want to use it, I don't have to. Largest single provider? LOL. You're drunk again.

People like you expecting everyone else to pay for your ****, because well, that's what you grew up with. The entitlement is strong. I don't fault you for it, it's all you've known.

Lol, Ed, go fruck yourself.

Facts suck when they don't like up with your feewings, don't they?

I’m still not sure what you’re referring to exactly?

You spin your own narrative and then pass it off as fact.

****, you’re almost good enough at it to be a fox news host!

I’m still not sure what you’re referring to exactly?

You spin your own narrative and then pass it off as fact.

****, you’re almost good enough at it to be a fox news host!

I'll take your word for it, because I've never watched it. What did I say that was incorrect? Your parents paid for your airplanes, and you are extremely vocal about other people paying for your wants. I also didn't realize I was so incorrect about Germany and the Netherlands having an outstanding GA system like we have. Since I'm obviously lying. :rolleyes:

I'll take your word for it, because I've never watched it. What did I say that was incorrect? Your parents paid for your airplanes, and you are extremely vocal about other people paying for your wants. I also didn't realize I was so incorrect about Germany and the Netherlands having an outstanding GA system like we have. Since I'm obviously lying. :rolleyes:

Have you considered that perhaps it doesn’t come from a place of me wanting free **** but me wanting everyone to have the same opportunities that I was given? Wanting everyone to have access to healthcare like I have? That I don’t think someones ability to go see a doctor should be tied to what they are able to produce as labor?

Have you considered that perhaps it doesn’t come from a place of me wanting free **** but me wanting everyone to have the same opportunities that I was given? Wanting everyone to have access to healthcare like I have? That I don’t think someones ability to go see a doctor should be tied to what they are able to produce as labor?

So feel free to be generous and pay the healthcare for as many people as you can. Give away as much as you like. Pay for as many opportunities for others as you please.

But don’t point a gov’t gun at my head and force me to do the same.

So feel free to be generous and pay the healthcare for as many people as you can. Give away as much as you like. Pay for as many opportunities for others as you please.

But don’t point a gov’t gun at my head and force me to do the same.

The government guns already force you to pay for things. Why not healthcare instead of bombs?

You might enjoy emigrating to certain of the west african countries then, as everyone enjoys equal access to no doctor.

wtf happened to the gun thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back