Best airport in OKC

m3kerry

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
m3kerry
I have business monthly in OKC and plan to start flying from Little Rock to OKC. My clients are all in downtown.

What is the best airport there to leave a 182 for a few days and have access to rental cars or Uber (preferred) that is a GA airport?

Norman?

I’d go into Wiley Post (PWA) before I’d go to Norman, but I also haven’t lived in the OKC area in 15 years.

I think OUN is $15 a night tie-down fee unless you purchase fuel. I'd guess the drive from Wiley to downtown would be better than I35 from Norman, which can really be backed up....

I think OUN is $15 a night tie-down fee unless you purchase fuel. I'd guess the drive from Wiley to downtown would be better than I35 from Norman, which can really be backed up....

Does OUN get filled up for home games in the fall? We lived in Edmond, and traveling through Norman during football season was influenced by the game schedule.

Ive always flown into OKC and used Atlantic. OKC maybe class C, but not what I would call busy. And fuel right now is actually a few cents cheaper at Atlantic OKC than PWA.

Wiley Post (PWA) or Sundance (HSD) are probably your best options as far as proximity to downtown OKC. Max Westheimer (OUN) is a good airport, but not terribly convenient to drive 25+ minutes to get to downtown, especially during rush hour traffic or on game days.

Does OUN get filled up for home games in the fall? We lived in Edmond, and traveling through Norman during football season was influenced by the game schedule.
KOUN is definitely busy on game days, especially on games with higher-ranked competition. It's still workable on those days, but the ramp will be packed with all manner of GA birds. You'd definitely want to avoid driving I-35 during game day morning and immediately following the game, absolute gridlock.

I'd go to OKC, but wouldn't think twice about PWA either. I like AAR at OKC over Atlantic, but both fine and 100LL looks priced the same.

I flew into Wiley Post last year and had no problem getting Uber service to/from downtown.

Good to know the main airport is a real option. I just figured it would not be.

Sundance (HSD) had the cheapest fuel last time I was there, and Land Rover crew cars. :)

Back