Multi engine schools

Wagondriver

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
375Taylor
I’m looking for suggestions for schools, or perhaps places to avoid.
I’m in western Colorado, I’d prefer a school within 500 miles and where the temperature is not in triple digits.

I used Thrust Flight’s 3-day program in Dallas and recommend it.

Most of these accelerated multi schools have 3-4 month wait lists. Be prepared.

I’m in western Colorado, I’d prefer a school within 500 miles and where the temperature is not in triple digits.

The triple digit stuff is easy. Ever hear of winter.

Plus One flyers in San Diego..

It's a club but we have almost 100 airplanes, plenty of multi, a great fleet of instructors and very reasonable rates

I am a member and I've been renting from them since 2016.. although this is an unpaid advertisement LOL

https://www.plusoneflyers.org/

We have a couple of instructors that offer accelerated courses. I did my multi across a four-day span. Let me know if you want his name I can PM it to you

Wings of Wyoming in Cheyenne, winds but never over 90 deg
Western plains in Greeley co, less winds, just a little warmer
I’m sure there is something at Fort Collins, Longmont, broomfield and centenial

I'm in a similar situation. I just did my BFR last night (ASEL) and find myself finally wanting to get off my duff and get my AMEL.

The new FBO in my hometown has a nice looking Travelair for $275/hr wet (+55 for the instructor) and they are in a nice quiet airspace. I think I'm going to try to get trained while I'm down visiting family next week.

I am private, no instrument, so it should be an abbreviated list of tasks. I'm going to restudy the multi chapter in the AFH as well as Bob Gardner's multi book ahead of the lessons (as well as read the POH a few times). I'm hopeful I can fly 3-4 times and be ready for a checkride.

(Yes, when I buy a twin, I will get lots more dual in my plane, but I want to get the rating now as a personal achievement and step towards that goal).

Back