You know you’re getting old….

I knew of one lady who’d lost her remote but found that dropping a certain number knitting needle on the parquet floor would change channels and a different one would turn the TV on/off.
growing up...mostly we didn't have those fancy remote control TV's. That would have taken away a job for my sister and me.
When I was a bit older though I remember my dad coming home with a TV like that. I discovered that I could control it by whistling... not well, but if I didn't like what was on I could make it stop ;)

Sorry, nobody could ever compete with her, then and now...
upload_2022-6-25_9-32-26.png

And she worked at Radioplane Factory in Van Nuys, which makes her the only diva that could also assemble a propeller
upload_2022-6-25_10-45-12.png

I just finished Peaky Blinders.

I wonder if I could have second hand smoke issues from my tv.

I think the line was “I’d rather fight than switch!”

Just another sign of getting old - memory loss. They say that's one of the two signs of old age. Can't remember the other one ... :eek:

In case anyone doesn't know, it's "Lucky Strike means fine tobacco."

When I was riding the bus to jr. high school, I saw a gas station advertising fuel for $0.98

That you typed "Jr High School" dates you (me too). Not many of those left-"middle schools" seem to predominate now.

And Gas? Under $1/G in 1999, to Over $4/G 9 years later.

My school district was fond of superfluous syllables, so I attended an "intermediate school", thenkyouverymuch.

Our district has Primary, Elementary, Intermediate, Middle, & High. For the high achievers we also have AIMS (Arts Infused Magnet Schools).

I attended Andrew F. McNally (he of the Rand-McNally maps company) Intermediate School in La Mirada CA in the early 1960s. The school was then adjacent to Biola University. Years after my time there, the school district closed McNally and sold the campus to Biola. Later on my son did his graduate work at Talbot Theological Seminary, a part of Biola, and some of his classes were in the same rooms where I attended 7th and 8th grades. No word whether my chewing gum was still under the desks.

Apparently I’m not old enough.
to4-zdbF8bjLBfIUIODEEF6ZW-7-YCo0erKGPnSKgd0.jpg

No word whether my chewing gum was still under the desks.

I think I was in the 6th grade when we took a school trip to Little Rock to see the capital. I sat in (then governor) Bill Clinton's chair and promptly stuck my gum under the seat. I wonder if it is still there.

Back