The End of N222TF

Is it possible, like at all, to use these in soil with rocks? I'm guessing not, but I've been wrong before.
It would be tough if there were big enough rocks. The powerline anchors are driven by big machinery and would get past most rocks.

Dude, sorry to hear about the plane. It's a terrible loss.

--Matt

Really sorry about the loss of the plane. Perhaps sit tight and see if airplane prices return to normal at some point in the future. I can’t imagine current prices are sustainable but who knows.

Yeah local flight school here uses some pretty ratty ropes. A 152 flipped and was totalled in 45 knots gusts. Likely didn’t helped they don’t tie the tail down. They decided not to replace it since with typical weights now only the female instructors or a few of the smaller guys can make it work with reasonably sized students.

I had always wondered how well those ropes would hold.

Glad we are in a hangar.
I carry my own ropes, either the fbo has none or they are crap, best bet pay for a hangar if you can get it in one

Went to Pilot Pete's at 06C last night for dinner. Lobster nachos! Then leaving saw N222tf. People I was with asked what happened. Was a somber mood after that. Just sucks. I hope you're able to get back in the air quickly and painlessly.

CAP feels the same way. They don't allow chains for tying down their airplanes unless they're attached to horizontal cables, which provide some "give."

Yeah, that's a good clarification. Chains can be part of a solution, just not in the way they are usually used. I'm leaning towards this solution going forward. Anyone know of any flaws in this kind of system? Seems like it combines the best of ratchets with some added shock protection. It's still a ratchet though, so gotta make sure not to overload it.

ShockStrap9RSBK800x800.jpg

Hows the insurance side of things going? All settled?

Insurance company totaled the plane last week.

Back