What'd I miss?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ha.. now I feel like I missed something too. Was it the whole dumb business with hot coffee?? I'm lost.

When she asked about places to land between the west coast of the US and Hawaii in some other necro thread I had my doubts that this was an actual person..

Bryan hadn't been around long enough to get some of the references "Whitney" liked. Had to be someone much 'older' as far as PoA history goes.

I don’t *actually* think it was Bryan. I just like to blame him for things.

I do actually think it was a member or former member though. Who? I couldn’t even begin to guess.

ha.. now I feel like I missed something too. Was it the whole dumb business with hot coffee?? I'm lost.

When she asked about places to land between the west coast of the US and Hawaii in some other necro thread I had my doubts that this was an actual person..
2000 hour of PIC float time... but also doesn't know anyone in GA anymore. Also owns a 180, but doesn't own a 180, but also wants to rebuild a 180.

Also 1200 posts in 6 weeks?!?! That's 1/4 of my posts and it took me 14 years to get there! Who does that as a noob?

And was sick/injured and bedridden, but also logged 20 hours that same week being bedridden while also being bedside for a friend who just had surgery.

Who gets the last laugh?

2022-06-24_10-35-20.jpg

Plus the 180 with floats. Quite the combination.

I always picture that everyone I talk with on an online forum looks like the comic book store guy from the Simpsons. More or less. Where I went so school the students setup a chat function, pre-Internet, called "CB" that was mostly male and generally anonymous. There were some notable exceptions. Like most things, though, best to expect low and be surprised once in a while.

Sometimes it's pretty clear the info on here is coming from someone that's experienced in whatever the subject is. Sometimes it's pretty clear they're reciting something from a google search. Mostly it's in between. For our Canadian friend, my guess was female, and about 15-20 years older than me...actually kinda thought it might be somebody's gf on here. If that was the case, I can see not wanting to advertise it. :) Anyway, the part about losing a spouse relatively recently seemed pretty plausible, so I figured someone that just needed some people to talk to.

I am of course the fool of the village on here, because I never suspected s/he could be fake. I even mostly believed the 2000 hours float time, like she had worked for Trans Maldivian Airways for a few years. And since I am officially a fool, there is one thing I still don't understand: why would anyone fake something like that? There must be a part of this story that predates my arrival on POA...

I miss all the good stuff it seems....totally missed the ejection. I feel like such an outsider.

Also 1200 posts in 6 weeks?!?! That's 1/4 of my posts and it took me 14 years to get there! Who does that as a noob?
I was wonderng about that all along. Seemed like every time I'd log in I'd see a TON of posts by her(?) That just seemed odd to me all along.
Anyway, seems I alsways miss these nefarious posts in forums..... only left to see threads like this discussing some big event. Must be nice to be a kool kid in the know.... oh well.

Remember Boundary Waters? At least she used a real aviator as her avatar.

Lidya Litvak.jpg

I am of course the fool of the village on here, because I never suspected s/he could be fake. I even mostly believed the 2000 hours float time, like she had worked for Trans Maldivian Airways for a few years. And since I am officially a fool, there is one thing I still don't understand: why would anyone fake something like that? There must be a part of this story that predates my arrival on POA...
Why indeed? Enquiring minds want to know…

I kinda figured it out with the claim of running a farm plus working a few thousand acres of hay, yet had plenty of time to be online...

Why indeed? Enquiring minds want to know…

:) I think that one is pretty obvious. Just because anyone *can* come out of the closet here in the US doesn't mean everyone chooses to. And for some, it's likely they don't even know what room they're in....not that there's anything wrong with that.

Umm.... can we define "hit on?"
Take yer pick

1. 1.
    discover or think of something, especially by chance.
    "she hit on a novel idea for fundraising"

2. 2.
    North American
    make sexual advances toward someone.
    "he was really hitting on me, with steamy looks and innuendos"

:) I think that one is pretty obvious. Just because anyone *can* come out of the closet here in the US doesn't mean everyone chooses to. And for some, it's likely they don't even know what room they're in....not that there's anything wrong with that.
Douglas (Whitney) Medford has posts going up in the last 15 minutes. Read them quick before they removed.

Whitney was Henning, prove me wrong.
Doug Stanhope aka Doug Medford aka Whitney Rothwell would be my guess. Who better to pull this off than a pro comedian who drinks a lot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back