Helicopter rides in/near Maryland?

genna

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
ТУ-104
My 4yo had his taste in being a co-pilot in a fix-wing last week. Loved it. Now he really wants to go for a ride on a helicopter. I've never actually flown in a helicopter either.

Anyone knows of a place in the area? It can be a tour or a discovery flight. Honestly, I prefer a tour at this point as it would probably be a nicer, bigger bird and I'd be more focused on my kid than trying not to crash :). I know Frederick has helicopter training and R44(4 seat). No idea yet if they'd be ok with a small child joining for a Discovery flight(or make it a sightseeing flight, i guess). Going to call them to find out.

Martin State KMTN has R44s and R22s they use for training. I don't know what their policy is on children.

IIRC there's a school at Tipton (KFME) as well.

Anyone knows of a place in the area? It can be a tour or a discovery flight. Honestly, I prefer a tour at this point as it would probably be a nicer, bigger bird and I'd be more focused on my kid than trying not to crash :). I know Frederick has helicopter training and R44(4 seat). No idea yet if they'd be ok with a small child joining for a Discovery flight(or make it a sightseeing flight, i guess). Going to call them to find out.

I'm sure they would if they can find the time! They fly a lot.

The only concern would be if you were in the front and he was in the back alone.

Maybe better to have two adults.

Back