Social Media Fools .. again

I don’t think she was the pilot. But came here to post this vid.
But when Alvin Johnston did it in a 707- now that was cool.

edit to correct pilot. Sheesh!

Last edited:
I thought it was Alvin Johnston that rolled a prototype 707, twice, in front of his boss and potential customers....

I thought it was Alvin Johnston that rolled a prototype 707, twice, in front of his boss and potential customers....
I stand corrected. You are right. I just watched that vid a few weeks ago too. Sheesh.

this is why we can't have nice things. What simps will do for kitty; guy prob didn't even get any from the thot for his troubles. And you know the FAA ain't letting that one go, being plastered all over tiktok.

I don’t think she was the pilot. But came here to post this vid.
But when Alvin Johnston did it in a 707- now that was cool.

Tex. His name is Tex.

7f6f9db45c04aabc75e7e1fe3ec1996c.jpg

Certainly wasn't smart, especially with a plane full of people, and especially so to film it; this can, and has lead to deaths that makes the lives of other pilots that much harder, case and point: https://fearoflanding.com/accidents/accident-reports/the-siren-call-of-aerobatics-cirrus-sr22-crash/

what I'm wondering though, is this group upset because
(A) the plane in question here is a Cirrus?
(B) the social media aspect of it
(C) the maneuver is illegal

Certainly doesn't do the Cirrus community any favors, that's for sure - but as noted by Bob Hoover and Tex doing aerobatics in planes not meant for it is nothing new

B and C are the obvious reasons. Hopefully the FAA can make short work of this.

As a pilot- I see the social media aspect cringeworthy.
I don’t care that’s a cirrus. Just that it’s a plane that is not rated for such maneuvers. Would be just as upset to see this in a Malibu or a 182. Maybe this pilot has 1000 acro hours and felt very competent doing this.
If your willing to do this with passengers probably not the first time. Unnecessary risk. Want to roll get a decathlon.

^couldn't have said it better. Doing it over a populated area earns triple-stupid points as well.

People doing things like this ruin the privileges of others. And to be dumb enough to post it.. or have someone post it. Its the extreme minority (usually) that stick out and ruin rights and privileges of the regular guys because someone will get triggered or tattle when you announced clear before you were completely over the hold short line.

In the national forest there's roads for UTV use only. And not to go off trail. Yet right next to the signs you'll see 6 sets of deep rutted up paths.

I thought a properly done barrel roll maintained 1g positive? What’s with the zero g floating glasses?

The story goes that during the CEO's retirement ceremony a couple of years later, someone presented him with a framed enlarged photo of the Lake Washington shoreline and nearby area taken from the cabin of the inverted Dash 80. He supposedly left the photo at the dias when the ceremony ended, not appreciating the humor.

:D

5aedc13c-3af2-11e5-917e-8590c54c670f.jpg

I thought a properly done barrel roll maintained 1g positive? What’s with the zero g floating glasses?

I think there’s multiple stunts in there. Zero gravity, roll, wake up pax, etc.

Of all the stunts, the douchiest is scaring his sleeping passenger.

I don't care if people do stuff like this. Don't care what plane it is.

I do wish they wouldn't post it on social media. When they do, I don't feel bad for them if they are violated for it.

Looked more like an aileron roll than a barrel roll. Either way, it’s still 1 G if performed correctly. I’ve done probably 100 aileron rolls in my Glasair and never once had stuff floating. With the slow roll rate of that aircraft, you could easily have the nose drop through 180 degrees. When that happens, there’s danger of an overspeed. Same reason why in Velocities the CEO stated while the aircraft is quite capable G wise, the roll rate is too slow to do one safely and not overspeed.

Bullhocky. Neither a barrel roll or an aileron roll are constant 1G manouvers. It is impossible that they are. A barrel roll (properly executed) is a small number of positive Gs throughout, but it goes as little as .5 and as much as 2.5 or 3. Still within the normal category g limits.

An aileron roll *can* be done maintaining positive gs, but also can go through zero. It's still not going to be 1G throughout.

That video is so crappy I doubt that it is effective "evidence" of anything.

Want to roll get a decathlon.
Or at least a Bonanza.

That video is so crappy I doubt that it is effective "evidence" of anything.
Assuming foundation is laid for it to be evidence in the legal sense, it is at least evidence of performing aerobatic maneuvers with persons other than crewmembers aboard and not all persons aboard wearing parachutes. It is probably also evidence of performing aerobatic maneuvers in a plane that prohibits them (the FAA certainly knows if any Cirruses have an STC to modify the operating limitations). And it looks like it includes evidence of performing aerobatic maneuvers in a prohibited place (over a congested area of a city, town, or settlement, at night no less).

If the sleeping passenger pressed charges for assault, the video would also make good evidence that the maneuver was performed with the intent, or at least the knowledge, that it would frighten the sleeping passenger who did not consent to it.

There are many reasons this is stupid. Posting it on TikTok is just one of them.

O
Assuming foundation is laid for it to be evidence in the legal sense, it is at least evidence of performing aerobatic maneuvers with persons other than crewmembers aboard and not all persons aboard wearing parachutes.

"Objection your honor ... we have a parachute for the WHOLE plane! " :D

The FAA would need to execute a search warrant on her to find more of the video which I'm sure she has where the N number is displayed. She seems to know what they are doing is illegal because she edited the video in a way you can't see the N number. It's possible she could be charged with conspiracy if she and the pilot performed the illegal maneuver with the propose to make the video. She has a lot of ticktock followers and videos so they can easily figure out who she is where she lives that won't be a problem. The video is more then enough to get a judge to sign a search warrant. She should expect a knock at the door from the FBI soon.

Last edited:
The story goes that during the CEO's retirement ceremony a couple of years later, someone presented him with a framed enlarged photo of the Lake Washington shoreline and nearby area taken from the cabin of the inverted Dash 80. He supposedly left the photo at the dias when the ceremony ended, not appreciating the humor.

:D

5aedc13c-3af2-11e5-917e-8590c54c670f.jpg
If that's the photo that was presented to him, I believe that's Elliott Bay/Puget Sound visible in the background, not Lake Washington.

Last edited:
The FAA would need to execute a search warrant on her to find more of the video which I'm sure she has where the N number is displayed. She seems to know what they are doing is illegal because she edited the video in a way you can't see the N number. It's possible she could be charged with conspiracy if she and the pilot performed the illegal maneuver with the propose to make the video. She has a lot of ticktock followers and videos so they can easily figure out who she is where she lives that won't be a problem. The video is more then enough to get a judge to sign a search warrant. She should expect a knock at the door from the FBI soon.

Conspiracy for what? There's been no crime committed. And with no crime, what judge is issuing a search warrant?

I have heard that the FAA won't go after violations shown on online videos unless the date of the video can be established as they need to prove exactly where and when the violation occurred.

But if they have an independent report of a violation, the video may be additional evidence.

As a pilot- I see the social media aspect cringeworthy.
I don’t care that’s a cirrus. Just that it’s a plane that is not rated for such maneuvers. Would be just as upset to see this in a Malibu or a 182. Maybe this pilot has 1000 acro hours and felt very competent doing this.
If your willing to do this with passengers probably not the first time. Unnecessary risk. Want to roll get a decathlon.

If that pilot had 1000 acro hours he wouldn’t have floated everything in the plane….

I'm somewhat confident that the Cirrus pilot had no idea this was going to be on TikTok.

That said, we all need to behave as if everything we do is on camera - 'cuz it damn-near is. Cameras are everywhere, and also being carried by our pax.

I'm somewhat confident that the Cirrus pilot had no idea this was going to be on TikTok.

That said, we all need to behave as if everything we do is on camera - 'cuz it damn-near is. Cameras are everywhere, and also being carried by our pax.
And they are used by bridge inspectors, so don't fly under a bridge.

It sure would be nice if the FAA spent more time grounding knuckleheads than they do chasing guys like Trent Palmer.

If that's the photo that was presented to him, I believe that's Elliott Bay/Puget Sound visible in the background, not Lake Washington.

In August 1955, the unlimited hydroplane Gold Cup races were taking place on Lake Washington, and Boeing CEO William Allen had invited several VIP customers aboard his yacht on the lake for the event. He had directed test pilot Tex Johnston to overfly the event in the Dash 80 to showcase it to those clients.

Johnston decided to exhibit the plane's topside to those below, performing the maneuver that placed him in the pantheon of test pilot greats.

I can only assume the photo was taken over Lake Washington, because that's where Allen was, and where the barrel rolls took place. It wasn't over Puget Sound. Whether the lake was directly below the plane or in the photo I don't know.

I have heard that the FAA won't go after violations shown on online videos unless the date of the video can be established as they need to prove exactly where and when the violation occurred.
I would encourage them to investigate; interview some people. Criminals are widely known to incriminate themselves. All one has to do is ask.

Back