New video released of Richard Russell the man who stole a Q400

kell490

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
k490
I haven't watched the entire video 36 minutes long at 24:40 you can see him start the engine then push it back with a tug while the props are turning. He disconnects the tug and it starts to roll forward with no one at the controls he runs and pulls down the stares an jumps in. He was able to fly the Q400, but claimed he had no flight experience. I remember the video of him pulling up out of the loop into a steep climb with the sun setting in the background been a great commercial shot for the airline.

The man is a criminal. The only video I want to see is about his jail time.

He never spent a single day in jail for his crime.

Yup, got off scott-free. He totally didn’t get shot down, too, silly conspiracy theorists.

The woman who owns the property on the island where Richard now resides was angry at the airline for not cleaning the mess up completely.

The man is a criminal. The only video I want to see is about his jail time.
Is the death penalty good enough to make you happy?

Ramp controller to another aircraft (I'm assuming on a maintenance run):
@8:14 "you're not going to try to highjack the airplane, are ya?"

Incredibly sad - unfortunately lots of lives end similarly - albeit not so spectacularly - everyday.

Folks who commit suicide don't have a clue what they are doing - that's why they kill themselves. People who know what they are doing do not kill themselves. Let's cut them all - including this dude - some slack.

So I'm at this VA event several years ago about PTSD and the speaker tells everyone one of the most traumatized vets he every saw was a Coast Guard guy. Everybody''s like BS until he notes that this guy was tasked with going out on a boat and fishing people out after they jumped off the Golden Gate Bridge.

Suicide is a public health tragedy just like smoking, DUI, etc.

Incredibly sad - unfortunately lots of lives end similarly - albeit not so spectacularly - everyday.

Folks who commit suicide don't have a clue what they are doing - that's why they kill themselves. People who know what they are doing do not kill themselves. Let's cut them all - including this dude - some slack.

So I'm at this VA event several years ago about PTSD and the speaker tells everyone one of the most traumatized vets he every saw was a Coast Guard guy. Everybody''s like BS until he notes that this guy was tasked with going out on a boat and fishing people out after they jumped off the Golden Gate Bridge.

This.

I think many people who commit suicide know exactly what they are doing, and they understand the finality of death. For someone whose existence is suffering, why not just cut to the chase? Why would they want to continue existing when their existence is joyless? That is the reality for many people in our country, and I can't blame anyone who chooses to opt out as long as they don't hurt anyone else in the process.

We will see deaths of despair (drug, alcohol, suicides) continue to increase in our country until we have a fundamental paradigm shift on how we approach mental health and healthcare in general. Does anyone truly think that people who drink themselves to sleep every night or put a needle in their arm aren't trying to kill themselves?

I think many people who commit suicide know exactly what they are doing, and they understand the finality of death. For someone whose existence is suffering, why not just cut to the chase? Why would they want to continue existing when their existence is joyless? That is the reality for many people in our country, and I can't blame anyone who chooses to opt out as long as they don't hurt anyone else in the process.

We will see deaths of despair (drug, alcohol, suicides) continue to increase in our country until we have a fundamental paradigm shift on how we approach mental health and healthcare in general. Does anyone truly think that people who drink themselves to sleep every night or put a needle in their arm aren't trying to kill themselves?

To your last sentence, I'd suggest most are trying to deaden themselves without actually dying. That is something different.

To your last sentence, I'd suggest most are trying to deaden themselves without actually dying. That is something different.

I agree. It's a desire to stop the pain and helplessness without a thought or care to the consequences. Conscious effort or not, the results are the same.

Not familiar with the story. Ok, he died. I still have no interest in seeing a video about a criminal.

Back