Passport renewal status

Morgan3820

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
El Conquistador
Have things improved with the passport renewals? I know that for a while during the pandemic that passports were taking a while.

Is it better to mail in the forms with the passport or make your application on line?

Need them back in for a spring trip to the TT.

I just renewed ours. I couldn't find any purely online method. Completed the forms on the gov website, printed the completed forms, and mailed them with checks. New passports arrived in about 5 weeks. Old passports were returned a week or so later.

I had to renew mine in the midst of when everyone was trying to get Real ID driver's licenses. That was a zoo. I didn't have time to mail stuff in since I needed it uber expedited. I ended up getting it done at a post office, and I was able to get it sent to me within a couple days.

Just renewed the wife’s about two months ago. Paid for expedited handling, but we probably didn’t need to. From sending the renewal application to getting the new passport was probably 4 weeks, maybe a hair less.

I renewed my passport even though it had time left just so I wouldn't have delays when the world opens up again. I have used a company named CIBT (and its predecessor) for decades and renewal is simple with them. No having to get passport photos (use your "selfie") or trips to the (ugh) Post Office. Don't forget to check your Global Entry and TSA-Pre accesses too.

Your congressional representatives' office can usually help speed things up if you have an urgent need. Contact your house rep or Senator.

Yes, they have improved... I just renewed mine by mail... It took about 6 weeks - I think the hold up was I used a personal check and I think it needed to clear befroe they would issue it. Using a USPS money order may speed things up

If you need it faster, you can pay for the service.

Back