Oops

I've been keeping an eye on that TFR because I'm planning flights to WWD and OXB tomorrow/Monday. Apparently, if the TFR got extended I would need to file a VFR flight plan to the airports in question, then request a squawk code prior to entering the outer ring? I've never tried it.

I flew through it Saturday (my first) on a trip from VA to NH, and it really wasn’t a big deal. Filed a VFR flight plan (but never opened it), and was using flight following from my departure well outside the outer ring. The fact that I was flying through the TFR never came up with ATC, even though I deviated from planned altitude and course due to clouds. I did communicate my intent to make those changes and was given the usual “you’re VFR, altitude your discretion”.

I did overhear one pilot that asked ATC about flying through on his way to his destination and was just told “don’t worry, we’ll keep you out of the inner ring”.

Always check those TFRs...
The TFRs for the LA trip are by far, the most mind exploding set of overlapping TFRs I've seen in a while.
Capture+_2022-06-09-23-47-15.png

Attachments

• Capture+_2022-06-09-23-47-15.png
    Capture+_2022-06-09-23-47-15.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 39
The TFRs for the LA trip are by far, the most mind exploding set of overlapping TFRs I've seen in a while.
View attachment 107630
Looks better to me than the Trump TFRs in bedminster. At least those are mostly overlapping. Trump would typically fly into KEWR or KMMU so the entire NYC bravo became a TFR for a bit and then would heli to the golf course with the TFR following him and enveloping some 25 of NJ's GA airports. My dad is based at KSMQ so I frequently heard about it. It was basically every other week or more during the summer so he basically never got to fly on the weekends in the summer.

Had a co-worker in CAP and they got to be the bogey for some F-16 intercepts in the 182. The pictures were neat and an impressive AoA on the F-16 lawn dart.
Taken by a CAP colleague at least sixteen years ago:

Interception Photo.jpg

Back