How do you match paint for cowl to fabric color?

rhkennerly

Pre-takeoff checklist
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
rhkennerly
I am using a pre-colored trilam sail fabric, a bright neon green in places, that I need to match to paint for an accent on the cowl.

i can't find anyone who can match it. Car color chip cards & fan samples aren't even close.

any ideas.

there is more to ‘color’ than the pigment. good luck.
But it’s a necessary first step. normally when you buy, you buy an entire system so there are glosses, flatterers, & other adjustments you can make. But a sun-safe neon color is becoming tough to match.

but thanks.

Wesco auto body stores. Bring in a sample, come back tomorrow. They can mix up rattle cans if needed

A good auto paint store or auto body shop can match pretty much anything. Just take them a sample.

But it’s a necessary first step. normally when you buy, you buy an entire system so there are glosses, flatterers, & other adjustments you can make. But a sun-safe neon color is becoming tough to match.

but thanks.
Let us know how it turns out please. I worked on 'matching' for several years in the powder coat industry. That was always one word that got my attention - 'I want to -match- this.' Matching color is simple, matching what you see, not so much.

Back