Midwest POA Janebruary Lunch February 3, 2024 1200 EST Rick's Boatyard KEYE

Old terminal building is super cool. I used the grass runway... there's (or at least was) a helluva hump where it crosses the asphalt RW.... ask me how I know. I was glad I had the front wheel pretty light... and that it was a club plane....
Maybe I'd change my mind landing on the grass.

@ktup-flyer i had all my primary training right down the road from JOT at 1C2 - Howell New Lenox.

I think it's been gone about 17 years? Maybe 2005 it was sold to developers.

Flew into JOT, LOT, IKK and ARR a lot for training.

Hoping to make this one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forecast is beautiful for Saturday, knock on wood.

Make plans now!

I may not have my Archer this weekend….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I might be able to do this one, especially if people will still be around in the 11-13 hours. Will have a better idea later in the week.

[mention]Jim K [/mention] Don’t forget Ricks Boatyard @ EYE

Or the Airport Cafe in Urbana-Grimes Field, Ohio. Perhaps JPs BBQ at Bolton Field, outside Columbus, Ohio.

This event still on for this coming Saturday 6-11? 9:00 am breakfast at the food truck? H96? Thinking about flying up from Union City Tn. 98 nm is all.

This event still on for this coming Saturday 6-11? 9:00 am breakfast at the food truck? H96? Thinking about flying up from Union City Tn. 98 nm is all.
Yes. Matt the airport manager will make the final call on Friday, but as of now the weather looks perfect. I'll probably be there around 10-10:30 and have lunch, but they will be serving 9am-1pm CDT. In the past he's had 2 trucks, one with more breakfast type food and one more lunch type stuff.

I’m out for H96 this weekend. Someone else is flying my Archer.

Weather looks good, and I was planning to stop at Benton for gas anyway. May as well eat some brunch. Probably won't stay too long as we plan to keep heading to another destination.

Ok, I’m a go if anyone will still be around at 11 or so.

also if for any reason they cancel or there’s no lunch, KMVN is close by and they have a decent restaurant on field.

Anyone over flying 2R2?

MOS is a bit more optimistic, but still not ideal. We'll see...
Screenshot_20220609-174004_Pilot.jpg

I’ve looked at going to this event a couple times before. In the past they’ve been quick to cancel if the weather gets iffy.

I kind of want to get out so if that does happen I’m IFR rated and current and lunch at KMVN would be good as an alternate if there are any takers.

I’ve looked at going to this event a couple times before. In the past they’ve been quick to cancel if the weather gets iffy.

I kind of want to get out so if that does happen I’m IFR rated and current and lunch at KMVN would be good as an alternate if there are any takers.
What is available for lunch at Mt. Vernon?

What is available for lunch at Mt. Vernon?
Literally anything you can imagine, except maybe lobster and cavier. It's one of those places that has everything, and a buffet. I'm game for going there if Benton gets canceled

5c41fffff19a5970ca2e624fc2ee6e8a.jpg

Here!

Enroute shortly. ETA:1130 for me in case anyone is still around when I get there! N5042T.

Sadly had to turn back due to my lame passenger... Sorry. Hope everyone has a good time.

What happened?
My friend doesn’t do well with flying but tried to brave it out. He began feeling queasy around Champaign so we ended up heading back before it was an emergency… sadly my friends seem abnormally prone to motion sickness, an issue I've dealt with on my boat, too... Part of why I spend so much time flying solo!

Last edited:
Saturday morning around 10am or 11a I’m flying with my wife and kids to KBTL to eat at the Waco Kitchen if anyone else wants to meetup there!

Back