Woman Attacking Flight Attendant Gets Prison Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think she should be put in prison over this ... under it would be more to my liking!

Not enough time for the damage she did.
Actually this is a rather harsh sentence. The loss of a year’s wages for most people will result in a loss of their home,car, job, savings, and maybe custody of their children.

Could have just put on her mask.

She was also refusing to follow some other rules and just generally being difficult to deal with. Perhaps there is another way to handle these type of people:

Or...flight attendant could have let it go, and said its just a mask.
Sometimes we have to pick our battles wisely.

Ps. Playing devil's advocate for a different perspective.

Or...flight attendant could have let it go, and said its just a mask.
Sometimes we have to pick our battles wisely.

Ps. Playing devil's advocate for a different perspective.
Flight attendant was just doing her job. She could have been disciplined if she didn’t. There are plenty of passengers just waiting to turn them in if they don’t.

Flight attendant was just doing her job. She could have been disciplined if she didn’t. There are plenty of passengers just waiting to turn them in if they don’t.

Actually I agree with you on this, just trying to open the conversation up some, instead of totally one sided.
The only time for throwing punches is self defense to IMO.
But it happened, and shouldn't have.

Is it just me, or do these sorts of things seem to feature a cleverly/ignorantly spelled name a lot?

This is a good sentence, 15 months, and large monetary fine.

Can we now get the same for employees who abuse passengers please!
Define abuse. Are you saying that if this, “…The then-28-year-old grabbed the flight attendant by the hair and punched her in the head and face, leaving the victim with three chipped teeth and a battered eye that required stitches…”
had been this, ”…The then-28-year-old flight attendant grabbed the passenger by the hair and punched her in the head and face, leaving the victim with three chipped teeth and a battered eye that required stitches…”, the flight attendant wouldn’t have gotten a similar sentence?

i was in 12d from IAD to ATLabout 2 weeks B4 the mask mandate was lifted. There was an older Gentlemen and his fie in E and f. He was weraring this surigclal maske below his nose. The 20 something flgiht attendant came back and asked him to wear it properly. He put it up for 10 seconds and then down the moment she turned around. About 2 mintues later she's back again. Whe 12E was NOT HAVING ANY of that. About five minutes later here she comes again, but she's intercepted by teh mid 50's some FA who sez to her, "honey, we want to finish this flight without an injury. Why don't you let it go?....."...as I was about to get out of my seat to make way for the fisticuffs.

I say, "good".

Define abuse. Are you saying that if this, “…The then-28-year-old grabbed the flight attendant by the hair and punched her in the head and face, leaving the victim with three chipped teeth and a battered eye that required stitches…”
had been this, ”…The then-28-year-old flight attendant grabbed the passenger by the hair and punched her in the head and face, leaving the victim with three chipped teeth and a battered eye that required stitches…”, the flight attendant wouldn’t have gotten a similar sentence?

Abuse defined.

images(1244).jpg

I don't believe that was done by an airline employee.

Airline employees started it, security ( employed ) finished it. I don't care who employs someone who attacks another person, those people all should get a nice long jail term, and hefty fine.
Ps. I never once said only airline employees.
Could be an auto repair shop employee, fireman, rancher, cab driver, just don't hit people.

I think the whole thing would be better if they just announced at the beginning of the flights "Look, this is an airplane with a lot of complicated parts. Most of them work, but not all of them. We're also asking everyone to wear a mask. Pretty much most people will, but some won't. For those that don't, we know who you are, and if you're a jerk about it you might find that your next flight has been cancelled and isn't refundable, or that we're going to fine you. If any of you have a problem with any of this, please just stay on the ground. Thanks!"

Use of force to make someone wear a mask, if that's what's happened here, is a lousy plan.

I get not wanting to wear a mask. I do not get punching a flight attendant over it.
I don't get how the puncher thought it would be appropriate to film the flight attendant. Like they're the injured party. I can't stand that that's some people's first reaction to someone with authority asking a simple thing and get combative and going to film the ordeal.

NY Times says I gotta subscribe. So does he get smacked around? Or just dragged down the aisle?
A law enforcement officer (Chicago Port Authority Officer, if memory serves) physically dragged him off the plane because he was disobeying the airline's instructions to deplane. From what was reported about the incident, I believe that his getting bloodied was also caused by actions of the officer, but I don't know exactly how. There is at least one long thread about it:

https://www.pilotsofamerica.com/community/threads/u-a-and-dr-dao-2017.118029/

This lady deserves a harsh penalty for repeatedly punching that flight attendant. But 15 months plus 3 years supervision? Seems excessive to me. A month actual incarceration would have been more than enough, with another year or two probation, plus restitution.

This making examples of people is BS. We are supposed to be a just society. Make the punishment fit the crime.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes, for both parties in this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back