- profit

How to make friends and influence people, internet forum edition:
- join forum
- find long post by long time member
- skim first two sentences
- call OP an idiot
- ???
- profit

Not only that, he's so mentally impaired he didn't even realize when he quoted me, he asked if I read it. Well no ****ing **** I read it Sherlock. I wrote it.

I skimmed the post because I don't carethat much.

But having a full plane with unrestrained animals obviously is a bad idea..DID YOU READ THE LONG WINDED POST??

If you did waste yout time and read the entire post iirc 2 pages?? And you still think that the dude was not rushed and none of his plan actually went accordingly yet it was still a good idea to fly, then you win all the fake internet points. And more importantly, i still don't care that much.

You ARE aware that you were responding to the guy who WROTE the long-winded post, right? lol.

But having a full plane with unrestrained animals obviously is a bad idea..DID YOU READ THE LONG WINDED POST??

If you did waste yout time and read the entire post iirc 2 pages?? And you still think that the dude was not rushed and none of his plan actually went accordingly yet it was still a good idea to fly, then you win all the fake internet points. And more importantly, i still don't care that much.
You should pick. Either care enough to read the post so your response is relevant or care less and keep your comments to yourself.

When you had the choice you took option three and put on an asss hat.

I think you’re overreacting. I understand the frustration with the cat and mouse charades trying to get home and such, but take a step back here. In the 13ish years that you’ve owned the Comanche, how many successful trips have you made vs unsuccessful? I’m guessing your ratio of success is much higher than the number of flub ups that you’ve had over the years.

What’s the alternative? Driving 1200+ miles each way or taking the airlines? Your rant against GA seems a bit unreasonable imho and I think you’d be quite sorry if you sold the airplane.

I think you’re overreacting. I understand the frustration with the cat and mouse charades trying to get home and such, but take a step back here. In the 13ish years that you’ve owned the Comanche, how many successful trips have you made vs unsuccessful? I’m guessing your ratio of success is much higher than the number of flub ups that you’ve had over the years.

What’s the alternative? Driving 1200+ miles each way or taking the airlines? Your rant against GA seems a bit unreasonable imho and I think you’d be quite sorry if you sold the airplane.

have u ever flown commercial and they lost your baggage? like, lost it, thought they found it, spent hours and hours of countless excuses and delays? sure, it's only one time, but it's the most aggravating clusterfk evarrrr. I think some of edfred's frustration is he knows that kind of thing would never happen in a mooney, but it's still frustrating any time something out of your control ruins your plans.

I agree. It's a typical case of recency bias. On top of it, we tend to remember the negative more than the positive, just like we tend to hear idiots more loudly than cool people. It happens to most of us I would say. I had a stretch of three rough trips in the winter, the last one being a failed flight from Canada to Florida where I ended up driving most of the way in a rental car, losing several days of my vacation in which I was hoping to escape the cold. I was so upset with the plane, GA in general, ready to sell the damn plane, you name it. I went on POA and asked people what their success rate is when flying GA aircraft x-country and how often they get stuck during their trips due to WX or MX. The answers were encouraging as it doesn't actually happen very often. Truth be told, prior to those three bad trips in a row, my flying was pretty reliable for the two years before that, but in the moment I didn't see it.

Long story short, I totally understand where @EdFred is coming from but I fully agree with you, he shouldn't sell the plane, or at least he should wait to cool down a bit and then make the decision. I bet once he cools down and starts remembering all the cool trips he had in his Piper, this one bad trip all of a sudden isn't all that bad anymore. Just my $0.02.

I'm about 50/50.....are you saying it gets better? :confused::)

If that means you're 1 for 2... maybe ;)
2 for 4 on family trips. I've put 187 hours on that plane and the only times it's failed is when I've had the whole crew on board.

Wow, is this Ron, or Henning?

Holy crap Ed! Thanks for texting me to read this. I was alternating between laughing so hard I cried and fuming in empathy with you! Bryan needs to do a spot on this!

Once again, a fairly new participant who has yet to know/ be aware of the personalities of some of our members.

*sigh*

I am fickle.

Tuesday, tired, flying at 10k for favorable winds (boring from a sightseeing perspective), heavy headwinds so 110kt ground speed, 5.5 hrs with fuel stop, then went to work. Planning to return the next day, with WX issues, needing to be home, laying in bed at the hotel, thinking “GA does indeed suck, fuel is expensive, I’m done, selling the plane”.

Wednesday, refreshed, flying back home at 5k, light tailwinds 148 ground speed, watching storms develop to the west (visually and Nextrad), and working my way north with ATC amending my FP 4 times, briefed 5 approaches. Made it home in 4 hours, no stops (1 hr reserve). A ton of fun. I love flying and this plane.

Ask me in 5 minutes :confused:o_O:rolleyes::D

But was the insouciance really staged, or merely feigned? That’s what I’d like to know.

Just found the thread and three pages in…oof Edfred….glad it’s done…any update on the plane?

The final chapter...

Mechanic ordered a new mag from QAA. They (QAA) said it was plug n play, or more specifically did not bother to mention that the p-lead harness that was on the plane would not work with the new mag. So when the mag arrived late Monday, this wasn't discovered until Tuesday morning. No parts locally, so overnight a harness and get that in yesterday. Put it all together, tweak the timing, and now both mag drops on the check are the same.

@Jim K is my new hero. He wanted an excuse to fly, so he flew to my home base, picked me up took me to DVK and got me back in the air. And I got to fly home today...into a headwind of course.

180 knots across Indiana didn't suck :D

No comment on the 130 home :(

Back