Need an airplane

All Grummans have a type club. (https://www.aya.org/) The Traveller (AA5) can be a 2-seater with the rear seat folded down for more cargo space.

Another vote for the Cherokee (PA-28). Bought mine for a lot under $100k. Put some money into it to make it "mine" (interior, some fixes, etc.) and I'm still a lot under $100k. It's not fast, but fast enough. I oftentimes have to be in places 4-6 hours away by car. Going by plane cuts this to 2-3 hours. It feels roomy - most of my trips are 2 people, our 60 lbs dog and two travel bags. I'm pretty average build, my wife is on the thinner side. We don't get near MTOW. It has great endurance... Tanks usually last longer than my bladder. I would recommend to find one with at least the 160 HP engine STC.

Update - found a club, with a Cherokee. Been getting recurrent in a FBO Cirrus SR20, will do a BFR and IPC this month. Then the club, and will see how the economy fares through the end of the calendar year. Not my ideal airplane, but prices may fall as the economic glide path continues down.

Lot of reading, and the RV12 looks better and better, if ELSA.

Back