Alternative to PlaneEnglish?

Garavar

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Garavar
Love the PlaneEnglish app but hate monthly scriptions. I like to be able to finish at my speed and also be able to go back months later to refresh. I am willing to pay a premium to have access forever so looking for an app like PlaneEnglish where you buy it and that's it. This is to practice radio calls. Anything out there?

Last edited:
You can listen to LiveATC for free

Yeah I have been doing that but there are slow times or clarity issues. So I waste a lot of time trying to find something. That's why I like plane English. I have a few minutes free I'll open app and do a lesson. Just annoying it's monthly.

PlaneEnglish isn’t great. PilotEdge is where it is at!

Yeah I have been doing that but there are slow times or clarity issues. So I waste a lot of time trying to find something. That's why I like plane English. I have a few minutes free I'll open app and do a lesson. Just annoying it's monthly.
A bit of work but you can download a recording off of LiveATC, open it in Audacity and then use the "truncate silence" feature.

PlaneEnglish isn’t great. PilotEdge is where it is at!

okxzA71.gif

The book Say Again by Bob Gardner.
Then Listen to Martin Pauly you tube vids.
Wash, rinse, repeat

Only $19.95 a month! What a deal. NOT.

It’s actually really, really awesome and keeps me very proficient on the radios. 20/month is A LOT cheaper than actually burning 100LL. Remember, you are talking with real controllers so the phraseology is exactly the same as the real thing.

Back