Need a recommendation for a Florida airport

WWFeldman

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
WWFeldman
Wanting to fly to Jacksonville, Florida this year and looking for a place to land and park the plane. Obviously not going to take my straight tail to KJAX, so which is the best GA airport around there to land and leave my plane for a few days?

I always land and stay at Jacksonville executive at Craig, KCRG. Craig aor center did me wrong once so I go to the other fbo and found them to be awesome! Sky Harbor Aviation I think.

I always land and stay at Jacksonville executive at Craig, KCRG. Craig aor center did me wrong once so I go to the other fbo and found them to be awesome! Sky Harbor Aviation I think.

Thanks, if I don't hear anything else I'll park it there.

Another airport is Herlong. (KHEG). It’s uncontrolled but is surrounded by Class D from other airports. I’ve flown in for the weekend and wasn’t charged a ramp fee (though I did purchase fuel; not sure if that’s why). A very good GA airport as far as I’m concerned.

Herlong was right down the road from me, so I flew out of there. If you're near the beaches, Craig. Both are nice GA airports.

I was born and raised in Jacksonville.

My friends and the events I fly to Jacksonville to attend are right around the corner from Craig. I always wanted to try Herlong though.

Jax is a big place. Where do you want to be? East of the river use Craig, west of the river use Herlong.

Back