Replacement certificates

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
Did I dream that you can go onto the registry site and print off a (legally accepted) paper duplicate, in the event you had a trip planned but misplaced your pilot certificate?
I googled and searched the FAA site, could not find anything.

I found it on the page you linked - thanks
Once you register and log in, then you can select
"Requesting Temporary Authority to Exercise Certificate Privileges Online"
and you can have it faxed or emailed. (you can also order a plastic replacement - $2.00)
However I could not find how long the fax/email takes.
Is it moments or days? Does the request need to be on a business day or during office hours to get same-day service? Maybe it's automated and a computer churns it out.

So I accidentally left my certificates in my GA flight bag back home last year and left for a work trip and had to go this route… it took about 30 mins after the request to get them delivered to me by e-mail and I printed it out and all was good for the rest of the trip.

So I accidentally left my certificates in my GA flight bag back home last year and left for a work trip and had to go this route… it took about 30 mins after the request to get them delivered to me by e-mail and I printed it out and all was good for the rest of the trip.

was this weekday/weekend, 8-5pm or off-hours?

My "permanent" airworthiness certificate was sent to me as a PDF file. I have lots of spares available now.

Back