Pulled Over For DUI Going To Work

Ether you don’t have much experience with guns, or you’re suffering from some major melodrama.

I have plenty of experience with guns, and not being dramatic.
Pointing a gun at someone, and drunk driving, both have the potential to kill, so I do neither.
This guy has no business being behind the wheel of a vehicle, or in the cockpit.

Another point his employer may consider is that he might have been boarding the plane while still legally intoxicated. Recall 91.17:

91.17 Alcohol or drugs.
(b) Except in an emergency, no pilot of a civil aircraft may allow a person who appears to be intoxicated or who demonstrates by manner or physical indications that the individual is under the influence of drugs (except a medical patient under proper care) to be carried in that aircraft.

He could have caused a situation where the pilot of his flight might have either refused to board him or have violated a regulation himself.

Not good all around.

Actually the gun thing is a bad comparison. Unlike driving drunk, there actually is a time it’s appropriate to point a gun at someone.

True, in my original post, i did say point a gun at an innocent person. Should have done so again.

To the OP you are going to need a few professionals to help you sort this out. First is an aviation attorney. If you have a union they may provide one if not check out www.lpba.org there are plenty of good ones there. Second a criminal defense attorney where you were arrested for DUI. keep in mind the Criminal Defense attorney will need to work with and consult the Aviation attorney. A deal or a plea that looks great from a criminal law perspective may not be good from an aviation law perspective. Third you may need an AME. Since the aviation attorney may be driving the bus here it may be helpful for you to have him help in selecting the various professionals.

That is correct. They cannot be trusted.

Two things on the jump seat. If you’re up there, you’re crew, listed correctly or not.

If you’re listed AND NOT UP THERE, you’re crew!

In either case, would have been a violation.
I’m sorry your airline has that reputation. Ours does not, although I’ve never first handed it.

Not really on the crew. Additional crew member, at least on our carrier, is vastly different than a uniformed guy in the back.

I’m sorry your airline has that reputation. Ours does not, although I’ve never first handed it.

Not really on the crew. Additional crew member, at least on our carrier, is vastly different than a uniformed guy in the back.

Most companies expect anyone who is wearing their uniform, to conduct themselves professionally.

I agree, that’s totally not true. There is a huge difference.

You also know speeding kills more than drunk driving, perhaps we should arrest all speeders and subject them to the same penance??
Yes, we should! Finally, someone who agrees with me. And physics.

Yes, we should! Finally, someone who agrees with me. And physics.

You would love the justice system of china or the Middle East. Much less of thanks pesky rights and freedom stuff

You would love the justice system of china or the Middle East. Much less of thanks pesky rights and freedom stuff
No. I would like people to act responsibly even when no one is looking. If not for the safety of others, then for the fact that you said you would follow all of the traffic laws when they gave you your license. I'm just looking for a little integrity. Unfortunately, it's a bridge too far.

I'm confused, are you arguing that speeding is as bad as drunk driving(as it seemed you were) and also that speeding should not be punished more strictly?

I don't get it.

I have an opinion on the matter but I have been informed that I do not show enough sensitivity or support to posters on the medical topics threads. Crazy, huh? Glad to see this poster getting good POA love.

Horse apples. I personally know a pilot who didn’t solo for about that long. He’s fine, probably a better stick and rudder pilot than a lot of guys. Whether she should be a pilot is up to her, her instructor, and a DPE.

Negative

You take 80hrs+ to solo, you are not a good stick, not a little, not at all.

What do you think the CFI and DPE who all have $ interest in her staying in are going to say, “you’re soooo close, you paying cash or card?”

I
But he didn’t fly drunk..
Well, not this time.

But it does make one wonder.

anyway, the OP hasn't checked back in. He tossed in a grenade and is watching to see who jumped on it?

Future crimes eh?
Or past?

It doesn't sound like this was his first time to imbibe into the wee hours of the morning and then commute to his assignment. I was alluding to the possibility that this was maybe routine. Was he lucky that he had til 1300 or so to be "on the clock", this time?

Or past?

It doesn't sound like this was his first time to imbibe into the wee hours of the morning and then commute to his assignment. I was alluding to the possibility that this was maybe routine. Was he lucky that he had til 1300 or so to be "on the clock", this time?

So you know the past and the future, impressive

upload_2022-5-27_7-30-42.png

I'm confused, are you arguing that speeding is as bad as drunk driving(as it seemed you were) and also that speeding should not be punished more strictly?

I don't get it.

His argument is that speeding is as bad as drunk driving, so we should be less strict on drunk drivers.

I think if the rules regarding drunk driving were relaxed like he'd like them to be, that "death rate" he keeps quoting would quickly skew to reflecting the danger of allowing drunks on the road with little consequence, but that's just my opinion. :)

His argument is that speeding is as bad as drunk driving, so we should be less strict on drunk drivers.

I think if the rules regarding drunk driving were relaxed like he'd like them to be, that "death rate" he keeps quoting would quickly skew to reflecting the danger of allowing drunks on the road with little consequence, but that's just my opinion. :)

The same if we did away with the 3rd class medical in favor of a drivers license or GP medical?

The same if we did away with the 3rd class medical in favor of a drivers license or GP medical?

That is a false equivalency.

If I thought you would be able to listen to a logical argument, I would explain why driving impaired is so much more dangerous than allowing a pilot who can obtain a driver's license to fly a two seat aircraft. However, you seem pretty set in your opinion about the hazards of driving drunk, so I am not going to argue with you further.

Just read through four pages to see if the troll... er OP every poked their head back in... looks like not. I'm sure they are having a good laugh reading all this back-and-forth.

One thing is for sure, I do feel dumb now after Tantalum posted this:

(a) leaving the milk out of the fridge by accident
(b) copying back a squawk code wrong
(c) typoing the amount when you venmo your friend and send $500 instead of $50
(d) texting the wrong person
(e) reply'ing all to a company email instead of simply replying
(f) forgetting to turn on your out-of-office replies

a.) check. b.) check. c.) check. d.) check. That one has a funny story to go with it.... e.) check. Thankfully, that one does not have a funny story to go with it. f.) Damn. I need to do that right now, actually.

Just read through four pages to see if the troll... er OP every poked their head back in... looks like not. I'm sure they are having a good laugh reading all this back-and-forth.

One thing is for sure, I do feel dumb now after Tantalum posted this:

a.) check. b.) check. c.) check. d.) check. That one has a funny story to go with it.... e.) check. Thankfully, that one does not have a funny story to go with it. f.) Damn. I need to do that right now, actually.
Pretty sure ive done all those in the same day

That is a false equivalency.

If I thought you would be able to listen to a logical argument, I would explain why driving impaired is so much more dangerous than allowing a pilot who can obtain a driver's license to fly a two seat aircraft. However, you seem pretty set in your opinion about the hazards of driving drunk, so I am not going to argue with you further.

It’s the same thought process, if not for government being tuff on fill in the blank, it would be like a mad max movie, however again and again that’s proven to be false.

Our great nation crescendoed between 1930-1950, where we are heading now is not a good place, and it’s all done, as it always is, under the guise of safety and security.

It’s the same thought process, if not for government being tuff on fill in the blank, it would be like a mad max movie, however again and again that’s proven to be false.

Our great nation crescendoed between 1930-1950, where we are heading now is not a good place, and it’s all done, as it always is, under the guise of safety and security.
I might even agree with you, but there’s no way in hell I’d choose that hill to die on. There are far worse things to rail about.

I couldn’t care less about what happens to drunks when they choose to go out in public. I do see issues in the way that they spread the nets however.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back