What is your daily use car

Before I retired a motorcycle was my everyday rider. Commuted on it everyday while living in California. Nowadays, I drive a 2018 4WD F-150.

Attachments

• 85A724BB-3C17-4782-9D46-35AA72E56CE5.jpeg
    85A724BB-3C17-4782-9D46-35AA72E56CE5.jpeg
    362.4 KB · Views: 17
I am still driving the same truck that I had when this thread was started.

I just don't drive it much with diesel well over 5 bucks a gallon...

And in 1980 I was a truck mechanic in Bryan, TX.....adventurous, strong, young, handsome and full of pee and vinegar.

I am no longer full of vinegar....

10 year old Tacoma with 50k on it, keep it in great shape, could sell it for more than I paid for it. Also have a KTM for short hops and fun

I sold the ‘98 Chevy K1500 extended cab I was driving when this thread was started, and am now driving an ‘04 Escape with a five speed…sporty! ;)

I found I wasn’t needing a pickup very often, and since I have a small utility trailer (that started life as a teardrop camper—my brother’s welding has lasted way longer than anything I’ve built on top of it.) I can get by with the small SUV.

When someone else is with me, a 2020 RAM 1500.

By myself, a 1980 corvette (4-speed of course)

Well, 7 years later, an update.

That 2013 Ford Escape met its demise early last October. Fortunately, it had air bags.

We replaced it with a new 2021 Ford Escape Hybrid. More safety features in the 2021 version. Gets better fuel economy, too. That Jeep Wrangler still sits in our driveway with about 1000 more miles on the clock that it had in 2015. If you know anyone who wants one, send them my way.

When this thread started I was driving a 2012 Subaru Legacy. We sold that in 2017 when we moved to Germany. Now back in the States again, I drive a 2017 Acura TLX. Only put 10k on it the first 2 years but now I've been going back in the office a lot more. Miles will start climbing faster.

I drove a 1987 EL Camino with a 5 liter V8 for 16 years and over 200,000 miles (original drivetrain) before it was stolen from the Boeing parking lot. I remember changing the fuel pump on the side of the road which entailed 2 bolts and a couple hose clamps. Not so easy on modern cars that you have to drop the fuel tank just to change the pump!

I just purchased my first EV. I'm pretty stoked for a variety of reasons. Who knew gas prices eclipsing the $5 mark would be the "final straw?"

When this thread started I was driving a Tesla Model S. Still driving the same car 95,000 miles later. Another 12 years and it'll finally be cheaper than an equivalent gas powered car. :D

Last edited:
Well, 7 years later, an update.

That 2013 Ford Escape met its demise early last October. Fortunately, it had air bags.

We replaced it with a new 2021 Ford Escape Hybrid. More safety features in the 2021 version. Gets better fuel economy, too. That Jeep Wrangler still sits in our driveway with about 1000 more miles on the clock that it had in 2015. If you know anyone who wants one, send them my way.

Was driving a 2014 Fiesta.

Bought a 2020 Escape hybrid. Primary purpose was to get AWD again. Mileage was a secondary factor.

I was going to post that I'm still daily driving the same Ford Fusion as I was when this thread was new, but I'm 100% work from home now, so I'm now occasionally driving the same Ford Fusion that I was then. With gasoline at $4.09, the plug in hybrid drivetrain has proven to be a wise choice.

‘96 4Runner, and 1990 fuso 4x4 dump bed with plow. ‘59 F100 on the nice days in the summer.

2014 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison crew cab is my daily driver.
2014 F250 gas engine crew cab 8' bed for my everyday driver 2022. Don't do enough towing now a days to justify the diesel engine.

Still have the chevy or have you replaced it by now?

Got 2 old dodge challengers and a 2007 GT convertible mustang that we sometimes drive on the nice weekends.

IMG_4782.jpeg

Got tired of my very boring 16mpg 2008 Ford Ranger. Heard about Ford's new hybrid Maverick and placed an order last June. Waited 8 months and now have this. Very happy with it. My Lariat version is very comfortable and well appointed. The hybrid operation is seamless, and I''m over 42mpg after about 2200 miles. With today's gas prices I think I made a good move. I went to a movie yesterday thinking it would be about my new truck. Turns out it was some jet fighter thing.

Rust.png

When I lived in Florida we went to the beach one afternoon.

Woke up to this....

(OK, not really...)

Rust.png

When I lived in Florida we went to the beach one afternoon.

Woke up to this....

(OK, not really...)

General Motors product. Had a '62 Chevrolet long ago and decided to sand all the rust off of it ... had nothing left but a frame! :p

2013 Toyota Sienna, because chicks dig the swagger wagon.

Looking to upgrade and hoping they release a plug in hybrid version for the 2023 lineup.

2013 Toyota Sienna, because chicks dig the swagger wagon.

Looking to upgrade and hoping they release a plug in hybrid version for the 2023 lineup.

Same! A Sienna Prime would tick every possible vehicle box I could ever have, and would get me throwing money at my nearest toyota huckster.

2014 Camry Hybrid. I waited until 2014 to get one because they had to figure out the trunk space. The early hybrids had the battery in the trunk, leaving little space, and the trunk space was what I liked about my all-gas Camry. They finally figured out that trunk space mattered to Camry owners and moved the battery under the back seat. I also don't drive much. Camry has only about 72,000 miles on it.

2014 Camry Hybrid. I waited until 2014 to get one because they had to figure out the trunk space. The early hybrids had the battery in the trunk, leaving little space, and the trunk space was what I liked about my all-gas Camry. They finally figured out that trunk space mattered to Camry owners and moved the battery under the back seat. I also don't drive much. Camry has only about 72,000 miles on it.
“Fuel” under the back seat…hearkens back to the early Mustang days.:eek:

Back