This just flew over my house 1000 feet agl...

Country Flier

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
CFL
Funny thing is, I never saw it, but boy did I hear it! My mind said "radial engine" and I ran outside, but it was too fast and low, so I had to look to flightaware...it didn't sound like a twin, and I thought for sure it was something like a P-47...G-AMPY...looks like it just flew across the Atlantic via Iceland/Greenland the other day from England.

73786_1452281824.jpg

Somehow “it was too fast” is a little, um, I dunno. ;)
I know what you mean lol, and I'm "too slow"!...the plane was surprisingly doing over 200 mph though, and my yard is full of trees, meaning I had about 5 seconds or so to get outside and see it overhead.

My front porch faces the FAF for the RNAV into my home drome. I see some interesting things pass by.

A Huey flew over my house today, about 4-500 ft agl.

I could hear it about 3 minutes before it flew over.

I could feel it about 2 minutes before it got here...

How anyone thought they could sneak up on someone in a Huey escapes me.

A Huey flew over my house today, about 4-500 ft agl.

I could hear it about 3 minutes before it flew over.

I could feel it about 2 minutes before it got here...
Had a flight of two Chinooks fly over my house a couple years ago at just a couple hundred feet. I was in my office and heard a helicopter. After things started shaking I decided to go see what was going on. Stepped outside just in time to see them. It was awesome. Rotor wash... smell of kerosene... I'd pay them to do that on a regular basis.

It RON'd at Arlington (KAWO) last night. Not sure where its new home is.

283479220_5128516237253332_4566792971431827074_n.jpg

How anyone thought they could sneak up on someone in a Huey escapes me.

You get a few Hueys coming at you at tree top level, you can't tell where the sound is coming from. By the time you see them, you're in range of those Zuni's and forward firing guns.

Had a flight of two Chinooks fly over my house a couple years ago at just a couple hundred feet. I was in my office and heard a helicopter. After things started shaking I decided to go see what was going on. Stepped outside just in time to see them. It was awesome. Rotor wash... smell of kerosene... I'd pay them to do that on a regular basis.
I live under the downwind leg of Moffett Field. I loved hearing the sweet-sounding radials of the Collings Foundation's WW2 warbirds when they would visit. Too bad they got grounded. :(

Once in a blue moon I hear jet fighters overhead. My only complaint is that I can't get outside fast enough to watch them go by.

Occasionally a Harvard does acro over my farm, I really enjoy it, just wish it was more often.
The dawn patrol at Oshkosh while camping in the north 40 has dampened my enthusiasm for the t-6 somewhat...

Back