Flight plan loading into GTN750

DKandle

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
dk
Is there any newer documentation or tools for importing a flight plan into my GTN750 from the SD card? I have a copy of the Guideline for GTN Flight Plan and User Waypoint Files, rev 1, Dec. 2014. Is there newer documentation or perhaps a tool to convert a Foreflight flight plan into the format required by the GTN?

Is there any newer documentation or tools for importing a flight plan into my GTN750 from the SD card? I have a copy of the Guideline for GTN Flight Plan and User Waypoint Files, rev 1, Dec. 2014. Is there newer documentation or perhaps a tool to convert a Foreflight flight plan into the format required by the GTN?
Yes like Twin_flyer said, it is called a FS510. I have been using one since 2018 and almost 1000 hours now. It has worked flawlessly for me.

To answer OP's specific question. I can't speak to foreflight, but Skyvector will allow you to save a Garmin .fpl file, which presumably, you could upload to an SD card and from there into your 750. As others have said, a FS510 or 210 would be a lot easier.

I have a flight stream 510. It wirelessly transfers flight plans from Foreflight to the GTN 750. It’s done before I finish my preflight.
I have FS210 and it's just cake to load flight plans bi-directionally from an iPad to GPS.

One button and flight plans move from ForeFlight/G Pilot to GPS. Any changes in GPS's plan and get a pop-up on the iPad to refresh.

Once a person starts using FlightStream 210/510 you'l never go back. Worth every penny.

Last edited:
I have a flight stream 510. It wirelessly transfers flight plans from Foreflight to the GTN 750. It’s done before I finish my preflight.

This, unless you want to deal with converting formats and verifying everything is right, in the time that takes you could have probably just typed it all in.

It’s over priced hardware, but get the flight stream or type is the short answer.

What I don't get is why you can use Bluetooth to directly transfer to a 375, but not a 650/750. I get that Garmin wants to sell overpriced cards, but come on.

What I don't get is why you can use Bluetooth to directly transfer to a 375, but not a 650/750. I get that Garmin wants to sell overpriced cards, but come on.

Because the 375 has Bluetooth hardware built in, but the 650/750 dont..?

The 650/750 predate the 175/355/375, so newer=better.

I'm not entirely sure about the reasoning behind the 650Xi/750Xi lacking Bluetooth, but I'm guessing maybe it had something to do with certification. Or not wanting to redesign the chassis around the Bluetooth antenna. Or they didn't want to eat into sales of the FlightStream210/510. Or some combination thereof.

Maybe this is what the

the best I can do is find the same 2014 document and a lot of suggestions that Garmin changed something for the later GTNs but never anything specific.

it doesn’t help you, but attaching the file here, maybe it helps someone else figure it out.

Attachments

• GTN Flight Plan and User Waypoint transfer.pdf
    349.9 KB · Views: 5
BTW, it seems the sim community has this figured out. Maybe they have some hints that can help?

other than trying to find a newer manual, what are you trying to do?

May I assume that the Garmin 650 and 750 can communicate with G Pilot or F Flight, but won't listen to something like I Fly?

BTW - I think that if you have a Garmin 275 AHRS, HSI, etc. that it can serve as a gateway to your 650 / 750 - no need for a Flight Stream.

I upgraded to a GTN650xi & GTX345 last week. At the end of the install discovered that ForeFlight would not comm directly with the 650, unless I paid an additional $1,200 for Flight Stream. Sticker shock? Yes. Worth it? Yes. Hate Garmin for price gouging? Yup.

Think of it as good practice of not entering anything into the 650 until you have the clearance confirmed and written down. Trying to look on bright side for you…..

I have flightstream, 750, foreflight.
How do I transfer FPs to the 750?
Check the manual…but easy. You have to link your iPad to the 750
On iPad…Bluetooth and then link to Garmin Flight Stream
Assume you have FF app loaded. Go to More and then devices. Wait a few seconds and it will show them linked
Put your flight plan in FF as normal. There is then a icon for transfer you can pick ff to panel of panel to ff
Found the below YouTube. Hope it helps
You will love it. Best thing ever

https://nam12.safelinks.protection....YNcGJ4124NH/ensE3iFAJ7EEu9icw=&reserved=0

Back