Chrome Book

Avare (I assume you meant Android platform)

The only EFBs I know of run on Windows, OS, or Android. Chrome book runs Chrome OS.

Given a Chrome book is designed to function when tied to the internet, and has limited hard drive capacity, and probably no GPS, I think a used I Pad or other tablet would be a better choice.

I have a couple of Android tablets and phones, and an Asus Chromebook. I use Avare on the androids, and like it a lot. I don't think it would work well on the chromebook. That said, I specifically bought the chromebook to carry in my flight bag so that I would have a better browsing experience at different airports on the ground. Some web apps just aren't designed to work well with any tablet, NOAA included, in my view. Mostly because the zoom/pan/tilt things are weird, and the lack of keyboard/mouse is a problem. So I use the CB for weather and Internet browsing, but fly with the Androids. Android apps on the Chromebook are clunky, to me. Just my view.

I think DroidEFB will run on a chromebook. Most modern Chromebooks will run Android apps.

I'm a big chromebook fan. Back a year or so ago when I last checked I didn't find anything that would run on mine...but then I had one that would not run android apps....so I never tried running Garmin pilot on it
and yeah, I'm not aware of one with internal gps....but as Capt Thorpe suggests, that detail probably doesn't matter a great deal....

I look at skyvector all the time on my chromebook. Don't know if there's any way to download it though for use while offline... Otherwise, not an EFB but maybe a bit usefull...n an old fashion paper map sense anyway.

Back