the "not worthy of it's own thread" thread

take care.

I have it right now too. If I had these symptoms 5 years ago, it would have been a big nothing-burger. I've had worse cases of the common cold.
Interestingly enough, my wife and I had these exact same symptoms - though quite a bit worse - in late 2019. We’d been on vacation and had spent a couple days at the Grand Canyon, where there were also a couple bus loads of Chinese tourists. So I have to wonder if this is round #2 for me.

Mine was 2 days of super low energy, mild symptoms, but no ****s given about work, home etc. I went back to work on day 2 and the reports of I looked and sounded like death Indicated I may have hurried back. My better half had a 2 week strong cold. I think my version was better.

First time I’ve encountered some scary invisible weather. I am cruising along at 110 kts over the ground in the Mooney when I hear the airspeed pickup. I am passing under a low cloud but no precip. For about two minutes, IAS rises from 130 to 160, and ground speed rises to 140 (thankyouverymuch for this brief respite from Cezzna speeds). But it was bizarre checking all the engine instruments and seeing no change outside of the autopilot nosing down, and outside no change from the last hour.
Flew into rising air??? I did this for 20 minutes last year flying to RR. Nose was down and speeds got up to 160-170 in a 172!!! (Gradient already had me going 140)

I'm sure most people have heard the expression "If the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail."

I never really bought into that too much, even in the sense it was intended. But I recently bought a pneumatic framing nailer.... Now every problem DOES look like it might be a bit better if it had some 2x lumber securely attached to it.

I'm not really a fan of his show, but it was mentioned this morning on Fox & Friends so I looked on youtube, here's the link - great flying!
James Corden and Tom Cruise take the P-51 for a flight, then the jet goes inverted! Enjoyed the laughs.

Well, it finally happened. I got the dreaded C-virus.

So far I’m unimpressed. I’ve had hangover this bad, to be honest. That said, I wouldn’t willingly do either again.

I had not traveled for work on a commercial flight since March, 2020. I have driven everywhere needed.

I finally had a trip to Philadelphia and picked up a nice case of the plague immediately. Been sick for two weeks now...

I had not traveled for work on a commercial flight since March, 2020. I have driven everywhere needed.

I finally had a trip to Philadelphia and picked up a nice case of the plague immediately. Been sick for two weeks now...
I have traveled pretty extensively over the past 10 months or so. Charlotte, NYC, London, Belfast, etc. Because of that, my wife and I both got vaccinated. She still hasn't come down with it, so 50/50 success rate there.

I don't know where I picked it up, given the pretty much unknown incubation period - I read that it's anywhere from 2 to 14 days, which seems to me to be quite a spread. My symptoms started last Wednesday*, I think, and I was pretty miserable Friday and Saturday. Now it's like the tail end of a head cold. I was with a group of colleagues in meetings all of Tue/Wed last week, and three of them have it also. Of course since they started getting sick a day after I did, I'm getting credit for the kills.

*I was having increasingly bad joint pain in my knees for a couple days beforehand - doc says that's not a symptom, but that also mysteriously cleared up once the other major symptoms did.

I've reported two posts in less than 24 hours, hopefully the moderators appreciate it, instead of cursing me for it.
Sorry mods.

occasionally an adolescent get his thrills from polluting online forums.

It would appear Google is scanning the threads I read here and selling the data to grainger :eek:
Screenshot_20220527-055137_Facebook.jpg

So what's the point of watching something on a streaming channel if you can't pause it?

I started to watch a Red Sox game last night on Apple TV+, but couldn't pause it, couldn't rewind it, no controls. what the ...er...

So I used the only control I had and shut it off.

Had to cancel a flight Sat morning for something I never thought as a possible reason - lost keys. Contacted the club, bought a replacement set for $20. Which is exactly the trigger to find the original lost keys. Must have fallen out of flight bag as the keys were under the car seat.

BTW - fun fact: A key that opens a 1970’s Cessna 172 Skyhawk will open just about any other 1970’s Skyhawk. Same with 182.

Had to cancel a flight Sat morning for something I never thought as a possible reason - lost keys. Contacted the club, bought a replacement set for $20. Which is exactly the trigger to find the original lost keys. Must have fallen out of flight bag as the keys were under the car seat.

I'm sorry but that is just too funny.!! :lol::lol:

(because once in BF Nowhere, Alaska I lost the keys to a 207 in one of the many pockets on my parka....took about 30 minutes to find them. Yes, it was the middle of winter.)

Haha - This absolutely sounds familiar. Anyone who ever flies XC with me knows I always strap in and get situated most of the way through the before start and engine start flow/checklist before I realize they keys are … buried somewhere. Usually in a pocket, but also sometimes in a bag… in the back… under everything else.

Haha - This absolutely sounds familiar. Anyone who ever flies XC with me knows I always strap in and get situated most of the way through the before start and engine start flow/checklist before I realize they keys are … buried somewhere. Usually in a pocket, but also sometimes in a bag… in the back… under everything else.
My pants pocket. Always.

Which is just as well because I have to take the seat belt off anyway to get out and pull the chocks:rolleyes:

Thing I learned from the CFI on my very first flight was the first thing you do is open the door and put the keys up on the glare shield before starting the preflight. Been doing that ever since.

Was taught to hang keys on the throttle before preflight. You know where they are, you can reach them, and ignition can’t be accidentally turned on.
I put them on the glare shield because you can't see them from outside the plane when they're hanging on the throttle.

You can also thread the handle of a binder clip through the key and then clip it to your garment:
1-1232907018b8EQ.jpg

And if you have a belt loop or other some other loop, there's also the carabiner:
1000_F_118844148_Qqrvultsw4EdXxXUP0Ysg2oVTylFwkQC.jpg

Lastly, a more drastic solution would be a neck lanyard.

it'll only take one time for the keys to slide down the glareshield and find their way into a tiny crack and end up behind the panel somewhere before you never put them on the glareshield again. ask me how I know. I'd much rather 'forget' them in my pocket than go thru that mess again.

WRT being stranded due to missing keys...I zip-tied a spare set behind an inspection panel. Even with the panel removed you'd never see them, but I know where they are, so I always have spares as long as I can find a screwdriver....and don't get whacked in the head and suffer memory loss.

Here is what I use - hangs on throttle and bright enough to get your attention. 79F33C6A-107A-43FF-A74A-4C25691185D9.jpeg

I have actually taken a different approach. The last 17 hours of flying have been in aircraft without keys… haven’t lost them yet!

Back