Sad

pmanton

En-Route
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
N1431A
This weekend 5/21-22 a group of 4 pilots flew over from Whiteman Airport in Southern California to
Salome, AZ to take away the PA-22 I've owned for about 17 years.

What great bunch of people. Thanks to a common background, 10 minutes after they arrived everyone seemed like old pals.

Both my wife and I are from Burbank CA so we had a lot in common. I had taken my Private check ride at Whiteman in 1955. One of our guests was my age and knew my examiner.

Although I was sad to see 14A depart I'm glad it's going with a great bunch of people. IMG_5427.JPEG
Paul Salome, AZ
N7566C

sounds like it went to a good home. and it didn't sit, rotting away, not flying, so a win win in my book.

if I recall, you still have another plane to fly, no?

That looks like an Ercoupe? Fun little plane. Had one for almost two years until it became too small to fit everyone and everything I take on trips with me.

Unfortunately, when I sold it, I did to someone who doesn't fly it. He flew it for a few hours and now it's been sitting for almost 8 months and is out of annual. Had I known that, I would have sold to another buyer whose offer was a little lower than what I ended up getting, but at least he would have flown the plane.

Did you ever read the old book by Jules Bergman "Anyone Can Fly"? I still have my copy.

Back