If You Had 5M

I’d buy a Cirrus Vision Jet for $3 million and put the remaining $2 million in a dedicated “airplane account” for hangar rent, maintenance, fuel, etc. That’s what I’d do. I’ve thought this through carefully, because I buy lottery tickets every so often and treat myself to daydreaming about how I’ll use my winnings . . . until the lottery numbers are announced, none of which are mine.

I was going to say I'd buy an E1000 GX. But, its not cool to buy Russian right now.

Kinda curious what it would be like to own and fly one of these:
piaggio-avanti-ii.jpg
(Since I don’t know any songs about bullheads)

Turbine Legend with the 1000hp Garrett.

My 11 yo asked me That question the other night. “If you have unlimited money for one plane and had the ability to fly it, what is the one plane you would
Buy.??” “Only one”.
a chose a P-38.

My 11 yo asked me That question the other night. “If you have unlimited money for one plane and had the ability to fly it, what is the one plane you would
Buy.??” “Only one”.
a chose a P-38.
Great… now not only do I want to change my vote, but I’ve done nothing in the last 47 minutes but watch P-38s on YouTube

ummm....well that's sure something to consider!

I have had daydreams about retiring, selling it all, and either full timing in a nice class A RV or something like a Nordhavn trawler...but I've been conflicted about how to tie in my aviation passion.... powered paragliding has come to mind but not very seriously considering I'd be even older.

Now that idea combines them all!!!

I saw a much smaller version of something like that once a long time ago, I think it was at Oshkosh...

Saw an ad or article of

the rv plus trailer plus plane with folding wings solving all retirement “see the country” issues

I'd prefer to show and tell.
Please PM for where to send the 5M.

Thank you
Hey, great timing. I just got this in my email this morning, should I forward it to you?

Dear Good Friend

I am Dr.Ken Obiorah, a Chatered accountant by profession working with the Federal Ministry Of Agriculture in Nigeria. Perhaps you might be wondering why you have received this mail, but I can assure you that at the end, we both will be having discussion as to whatever profitable business(es) we should invest our respective share(s) in. I was assigned by two of my colleagues to seek for a foreign partner who will assist us in providing a convenient foreign account in any designated bank abroad for a transfer of US$52,750,000.00 pending on our arrival in your country for utilization and disbursement with the owner of the account.

NetJets account
RV10
Female Eastern European House keeper, 30ish, to relieve the wife of her chores. (Cheaper to keep her)
Small mountain vacation home

Last edited:
Beech Staggerwing, always thought they were very cool looking.
Would realistically get a Piper M-600, it ticks most of the boxes. Somehow, I doubt I would go for the TBM-960.
What I really want is something to burn Jet-A; goes at least approaches 300 KTAS, pressurized (for comfort, 30K max altitude is fine), can fly in/out of 3K long runways but prefer 2k, and has trans-Atlantic range.
The Piper M600 might be cheap enough to pay for an extra gas tank... I doubt the TBM-960 would leave any extra cash for additional tanks...

Tim

Beech Staggerwing, always thought they were very cool looking.
Would realistically get a Piper M-600, it ticks most of the boxes. Somehow, I doubt I would go for the TBM-960.
What I really want is something to burn Jet-A; goes at least approaches 300 KTAS, pressurized (for comfort, 30K max altitude is fine), can fly in/out of 3K long runways but prefer 2k, and has trans-Atlantic range.
The Piper M600 might be cheap enough to pay for an extra gas tank... I doubt the TBM-960 would leave any extra cash for additional tanks...

Tim
If you take the traditional "small plane" northern route you don't need huge range; I don't want ten-hour legs and no potty!

If you take the traditional "small plane" northern route you don't need huge range; I don't want ten-hour legs and no potty!
Northern route is way to weather dependent. My wife is French, part of the dream would be the ability to fly to Europe in winter for Xmas, and the northern route is not really viable at that point.

Tim

Not sure, but the flying yacht concept is pretty awesome. A few minutes of searching will fill your head with all kinds of possibilities. Can I change my vote? :D View attachment 107005 View attachment 107006
I do love the idea of a plane that can serve as a houseboat and RV/camper as well as a plane. Spend the winter in Florida and the Caribbean, then head north for summer spending time in the Minnesota lakes, Canada, and Alaska or wherever there’s a lake or runway. It would be a great way to spend one’s retirement.

Northern route is way to weather dependent. My wife is French, part of the dream would be the ability to fly to Europe in winter for Xmas, and the northern route is not really viable at that point.

Tim

I'd much rather spend the money on first class tickets on United than sit in a poopy suit for 10 hours in a single engine airplane over the North Atlantic in the winter.

Back